Jan 22, 2006

Fun-Filled Weekend

Zane and I spent this weekend playing and visiting with my best friend, Jenny and her 4 year old daughter, Claire. They were in town from Carrollton, TX. Friday night we hired a babysitter and went over to my friend Christine's place. We made something which I am unable to reveal at this time, because it is a surprise for Abe. Stay tuned for pictures of it after he has received it in a couple of weeks. Saturday we took the kids to a ranch in Topsey where you can drive thru and feed all kinds of animals from your car. The pictures you see now were taken there. The camel was not allowed in the car this time. The first time we went (with Abe and my mother), we were in my Camry and the camel was not shy about sticking his head in the driver's side window and eating things from the passenger side of the car, including the brown paper sack the food was in!! That was our only drama the first time. This time, however, the animals were more aggressive. A Shetland Pony started kicking or stomping on my running board. And it's not like I hadn't fed it already. We also had other creatures stand up on two legs and put their front legs on the sides of the vehicle. There are marks on the doors, but nothing deep and I think everything will buff out just fine. Don't worry, Abe. I think the kids really enjoyed themselves. Saturday evening we went to a German restaurant in Kempner and Tracy and her girls joined us there. As always the food was delicious, but unfortunately they were out of brotchen again. That's twice in a row. Today, I took Jenny to the new gym in town and we had a mini workout. Then we went shopping on post and took the kids to play at an indoor playground. We enjoyed the rest of the day back at home. I think Zane's favorite game right now is being chased. Occasionally he would run up to Claire and grab a handful of whatever she was playing with, for example, dinosaurs. Then he would haul off running with them, smiling, just to have her chase him. Jenny also did a good job of working with Zane on his counting. They would count to five together while she held up the appropriate number of fingers. Once they said five she would tickle him and he loved it. It definitely helped with his counting. In our downtime, Jenny and I would watch Sex and the City, which I am renting from Netflix right now. So far, so good. I am on season 2. I enjoyed cooking for my house guests while they were here and Jenny is returning home with a list of new things to make for Randy. There is just something about spending quality time with a dear old friend (best friends since 6th grade) that really warms the soul. Thanks for being here, Jenny.



No comments: