"The Best Pancakes Ever"
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons sugar
4 Tablespoons melted butter
2 eggs, separated
2 cups buttermilk

Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Mine are in a ziploc bag above because I made a double batch of the dry incredients last time and this is the second batch. I'll be transferring them to a bowl before adding the liquids, just so you know.

Mix the egg whites with the buttermilk. Mix the egg yolks with the melted butter.

Using a whisk, combine all liquids.

Add the liquids to the dry mix. Whisk all ingredients together just until combined. Don't worry about the lumps. The worse thing you can do is over mix, so stir for about 10 seconds and let it be.

Melt a layer of butter over a 350 degree griddle or frying pan. How do you know when it's 350 degrees? Splash a few drops of water onto the surface. If they dance around, it's ready. Don't leave the melted butter in the pan, though. It needs to be wiped thoroughly with a paper towel. No butter should be visible.

Gently pour or ladle the pancake batter onto the griddle. Once bubbles start to form (pictured above) and the underside is golden, gently flip the pancake. Continue to cook another 2-3 minutes or until pancake is set.

Ta Da! Doesn't it look scrumptious? The picture actually doesn't do it justice.

I promise, if you make these for your loved ones, they will sing your praises for no less than 47 hours. They are that good!
***Remember you can double or even triple the dry ingredients. Just store in an air tight container or bag. Prior to each batch, give the container a good shake and measure out 2 cups of mix.***

2 comments:
I tried this recipe and now I also use it regularly. I use regular milk, though. It is wonderful! By the way, your step by step instructions, complete with photos, is very professional, Beth!
Beth LYNCH Jacqout, I did NOT see garlic in your ingredients!!! You know better and should be ashamed. That's not how you were raised! ;) Love you!
Post a Comment