Jan 29, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes

I just thought I'd share some of the things we've heard out of Zane's mouth recently. I've been horribly bad about getting this kind of thing written down and I already regret it.



  • I overheard Zane's conversation with his shadow yesterday on the playground while he was swinging. He said "Hi Shadow, I'm so glad to see you. I've been waiting for you (it was cloudy so he did have to wait for the sun to break through). It's getting late shadow you better get going."
  • This morning while I was taking him to school, the subject of ambulances came up. So I thought I would take the opportunity to quiz him over when it's appropriate to call 9-1-1. He answered correctly with "if there's a stranger in the house, there's a fire or you are hurt very badly". Then I explained that when you call 9-1-1 you speak to someone on the phone and they decide if they should send a police car, ambulance or fire truck, when he added "or a taxi?". Hmmm, should I be concerned that he's already figuring out ways to run away from home?
  • Last night during dinner I started to share the good news with Zane about what his snack would be for the evening. I said "Zane, guess what you get for your snack? It's something new. It's yummy and frozen..." He very excitedly guessed "a car?". What is this the Price Is Right or something? I said "no, it's frozen and it has a stick...". He said "is it Pop....corn?" Through the laughter I said "no". Finally he said "a popsicle". Later he chose the tangerine flavor and ate the 1/3 of a popsicle his diet will allow. I left the stick intact for him. I'm super excited about finding those popsicles, can you tell? He enjoyed it, too.

4 comments:

Planet Dixon said...

Awww, what a little doll boy. I love how he has conversations with his shadow. Too cute!

NesrstaFamily said...

I love all of them! I can almost hear the excitement in his voice. His shadow story is all too sweet. I am also trying to teach Luke about 911, I just hope he doesn't get too curious and try to call them up to chat! Keep these coming, I like it!

Chief Family Officer said...

I'm so glad that you got these conversations recorded! It's so hard to remember, even a week later! I need to do more of this myself.

Tracy Morris said...

Kids are crazy and thats why I love them...too funny.