Jun 18, 2007

Chocolate Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

I feel my blog is long overdue for a new recipe. Today is your lucky day because I am about to share a recipe for the best cupcakes ever! And the best part is that you don't have to mess with frosting for these...they are delicious without it. This comes to you courtesy of my friend Naomi. She got the recipe from her Aunt Bobbi. I imagine it is one that has been passed on to many people because like I already said, these are "the best cupcakes ever". I've provided some visuals with very basic instructions. See bottom of post for the complete recipe.

You will need the following ingredients for the best cupcakes ever.



Mix together the cream cheese, egg, sugar, salt and chocolate chips until it looks something like this.



Use a mixer to combine the flour, sugar, oil, vinegar, salt, cocoa, baking soda, vanilla and water.



Fill cupcake cups about 1/2 to 2/3 full of chocolate batter.



Put about a tablespoon of cream cheese batter in each cupcake.




After baking in a 350F oven for about 15 mintues they should come out looking like this.



Best served chilled and with a glass of milk.



Chocolate Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Group 1 - Cream Cheese Batter:
8 oz cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Group 2 - Chocolate Batter:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 T white vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup water


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl mix group 1. This can be done by hand. In a large bowl mix group 2. I do this one in my mixer. Place non-aluminum cupcake liners in muffin pans. Fill cupcake cups about 1/2 to 2/3 full of group 2 (chocolate batter). Put a tablespoon of group 1 (cream cheese batter) in each. Don't skimp on the cream cheese batter or they will burn or not come out of the baking cups. You may end up with extra cream cheese batter and that is fine. Bake at 350F for approximately 15-18 minutes. Makes about 18 cupcakes, double recipe makes about 36 cupcakes. Let cool/rest on cooling racks. Keep refrigerated/covered.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

After mowing the front and back yard that last photo sure does look good!

So I don't have a kitchen aid mixer does that make me SOL? Those were very tasty cupcakes...everyone should make them!

troglodytis said...

i really can't tell you how good these cupcakes are. i'm sure you're thinking, "hey, those look like good cupcakes." but you are wrong.

THESE CUPCAKES WILL SEND YOU TO HELL AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!

that's just how good they are.

if you are thinking of making them for a gathering, figure out how many you will need, then double that number. they tend to just disappear at parties.


i'll tell ya, make them a few times. they do get better the more you make them. something just happens. and i find they make best at high altitudes.

cook well and get fat. you're gonna die anyways.

did i mention that i like the cupcakes?

troglodytis said...

oooo...

and don't quote me on it, but you might want to get your cream cheese to room temp prior to mixing.

i'm just sayn

Anonymous said...

I don't know. Looks like an awful lot of ingredients, you know me, but I just might have to try them!

Rinny said...

These are yummy. My mom used to make them. Can't wait to have them again in August.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm cupcakes still. have any left? i'll pay you $15 to make me a batch..hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth! Thanks for recipe! Are these the ones your brought one time to Melissa's stamp camp? I am definitely making these! YUM!!!!

Team Manager said...

Hi Leslie! They are the same kind I brought to Melissa's. Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Beth, I normally stay off blogging territory, but I had to tell you that your pics make the famous cupcakes look like they should be on Rachael Ray! :) FABULOUS pics, Beth! :) Naomi