So much for the "wait and see if Zane has another seizure". He had one tonight while we were out for dinner. We spent the day in Austin playing at the Children's Museum and walking through the Nature and Science Center at Zilker Park. On our way back home we stopped at Kerby Lane Cafe to have dinner with the McCormick's. We were waiting on dessert to arrive when Zane started having his seizure. Fortunately we were looking right at him when it started so he didn't fall or hit his head on the table. He did have a mouth full of food though, which Abe tried to clear away. He wasn't able to get it all out but he never choked on it during the 3 minute ordeal. He always sleeps immediately following a seizure so we had to leave our company abruptly to get Zane in the car and headed home. I guess with 3 seizures in 6 weeks, medication is inevitable. But if it is effective in controlling the seizures I suppose it is the best option at this time.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

8 comments:
I'm so sorry, I was so hoping those last two were just freak occurences. If you guys need anything please call us!
Continue to take accurate notes for comparison and review. I,too, hoped the May episodes were a passing phase. Seek your doctor's advice and I will pray. mb from TC
We came home and immediately called my Dad to better inform ourselves. Y'all handle yourselves like champs! Perfectly calm, although I know that you must be freaking out. It was a pretty impressive show of parenting. Medication may be inevitable, but the information is always coming in. Has Zane had an MRI or CT Scan? I can't remember? (questions dad asked I didn't know)
We love y'all, and the boys. And know that we are always here for sitting, talking, crying, laughing, whatever. We are both particularly good at late night freaking out phone calls. So keep that in mind as well.
We love you!
OH Beth.. Im so sorry, I will keep him in my prayers.
Beth & Abe. Don't know if you read your regular email or not. Hope this copies, As follows:
"Here are two sites I found…the foundation is the one I have used, but the advocacy one looks very good too.
www.epilepsyadvocate.com
www.epilepsyfoundation.org
Love you, "
From a good friend whose daughter has this. I love you, Granny
So sorry to hear about Zane. You guys are in my prayers!
Janet
Zane couldn't be in better hands. He's lucky to have you 2 as parent's! Hang in there!
Post a Comment