May 13, 2006

Ahhhh....

homemade lemonade. It just doesn't get any better than that on a hot summer day.



***Recipe Added on January 20, 2007***



Sparkling Lemonade



1/4 cup lemon juice (3-5 small lemons or 1-3 large lemons)



3 cups water



3/4 cup sugar



Mix all ingredients. Serve chilled or with ice. Makes 2-4 servings.



I know summer doesn't officially start for over a month from now, but come on, this is Texas. I bought this pitcher yesterday in Salado. I love it. I actually first saw this style at the Stagecoach Inn when we had lunch. There was one on every table filled with ice water. I told Tracy I thought they were really cool. Then we go in a shop a little while later and there they are, in all sorts of colors. It is made by Blenko and apparently this water bottle is their most popular and oldest piece. Today I made a batch of fresh lemonade. The first glass I poured was supposed to be mine but quickly became Zane's. I enjoyed a glass later when he was in bed for the night.


I picked up a pool today while Zane was at the CDC. I got it blown up and filled with water. He and I went for a little dip this evening before dinner. I took more pictures which you can find at right. He really enjoys the water. I will be looking into getting him some swimming lessons, soon. Hopefully he will be a strong swimmer like his Dad. I am far from it.


I didn't realize until tonight, but yesterday was our 6 month mark. We are officially on the downhill slope (if in fact, Abe doesn't spend one extra day over there). I can't believe how quickly this past month flew by. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I posted about our 5 month mark. I hope it continues going quickly.


I just thought of one more thing I forgot to mention about Salado. The mayor said the residents of Salado do not pay property tax. And that they get by on their sales tax. But their sales tax is 8.25% like everywhere else around here. So, I'm wondering how that is. Maybe I will have to look into it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of Zane! And I am kinda sad I didn't get one of those water bottles too. Glad you enjoyed your lemonade!

troglodytis said...

do all of those water bottle/pitcher thingies magicly fill up with lemonaide? or is it only the green ones?