since I last posted. On Wednesday, I made it to my step aerobics class in the morning. Then Zane and I headed on post to a weekly playdate they offer for kids up to 3 years old. We met Sheldon from Gym Kix and his Mom there and spent most of the time playing outside on the playground. That evening we went to Tracy's for swimming and dinner. Thursday, Tracy and I took Payton and Zane down to Austin area (Kiara was in preschool). I had an errand to run and then we stopped into Scrapbook Crossing which I had been to before but it was Tracy's first time there. It is the best scrapbook store that I know of within a 45 minute radius. After a couple different attempts, I now know that is a store I just cannot do with Zane along. From there we grabbed some lunch and took the kids to that awesome playground in Georgetown. Then it was time to get back to Killeen to pick up Kiara. We went over to Tracy's after that for swimming, dinner and Survivor. I was disappointed that Survivor left us with such a big cliffhanger, but it will all be over on Sunday, so I guess that's not too long to wait.
On Friday, Tracy and I took part in an event being offered by Army Community Services in honor of Military Spouse Appreciation Day.
We, along with maybe 175 other women, were taken by bus to nearby Salado. It is a very peculiar little town, but in a good way. I don't know quite how to describe it. Very cute, though. We were greeted by the director of the Chamber of Commerce and the town mayor. Then we were given the option of taking an hour long historical tour of Salado or just get started on shopping. We opted for shopping! First stop was Stamp Salado for a few scrapbooking supplies. We went into several more shops to include antiques, gifts, fabrics, soaps, gourmet foods, home decor and jewelry. But I only bought a couple of things. Each spouse was given a meal voucher worth $10 that could be used at 1 of 4 restaurants. We chose the Stagecoach Inn. It was the most interesting part of the day. They don't have printed menus, the waitresses recite it to each table. Of course there are only a handful of options. I had the chicken fried steak which was $12.95 but included chicken broth, hush puppies, fruit salad, rolls, mixed vegetable, potato, banana fritter, peach cobbler with ice cream and beverage. Not a bad deal, huh? And the steak itself, was very generous, I couldn't finish it all. We made it back to post around 2pm. Let me also mention that ACS paid for our child care and they had doorprizes (neither of us won anything, though). I really enjoyed the event and look forward to what they may have to offer next year. There are more pics of the day at right. After I picked Zane up we had a little bit of time at home before heading to the doctor. Zane needed a Hepatitis A shot in order to continue going to child care on post. I guess it is a new Texas State Law that children ages 2-5 attending day care have to have it. He did really well. He didn't even fight me while getting the shot. He did cry when he got the prick but he recovered rather quickly. I was expecting to need a team of people to hold him down, which has happened before, but maybe those days are in the past. I hope so. From there we ran to the commissary for a few groceries. We had enough time to bring them home and chill for about 20 minutes before heading to Christine's for some dinner, drinks and playtime. Most of the kids there are quite a bit older than Zane but that never seems to bother him. He can always find something to do. Plus they have a trampoline and he just loves jumping. He was worn out by the end of the night and came home and went right to bed. I didn't do much before going to bed, myself.
In just a little bit I will be taking Zane to the CDC on post for our 4 free hours of child care this month. I plan on shopping at the PX, maybe getting a game of bowling in with Tracy and probably heading home to do some cleaning. There are certain chores that are difficult to do with Zane awake and by the time he goes to bed at night, I have lost any motivation to clean. I am a lot more productive while the sun is up. And I can't count on him taking naps anymore.
Abe is doing well. He has not flown much in the last several days. Only 2-3 times in the last 10 days or so. He is on standby today and tomorrow he will be off in preparation for another 5 days in a row of CP duty. I know he is ready to come home for his R&R. Hopefully we will find out something soon as to if that will happen in June.

No comments:
Post a Comment