Jan 11, 2007

Cottage Cheese Salad

2-24 oz containers cottage cheese
2-3oz boxes orange jell-o
20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
15 oz can mandarin oranges, drained



Combine all ingredients in order listed, in large bowl stirring well after each addition. Keep refrigerated.

I know what you are thinking..."ewww, orange cottage cheese, yuk!". But it is so yummy. I make it all the time. I realize some people have an aversion to cottage cheese, so maybe this isn't for you. But for those of you brave enough to try it, I don't think you will be disappointed. You can always cut the recipe in half if you are unsure. Just use one tub of cottage cheese and one box of jell-o. You can also use smaller cans of fruit but it isn't necessary, you can never have too much fruit in a salad. Let me know what you think if you give it a try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to be brave and make this over the weekend. I like cottage cheese, but I am leary of the orange part. We shall see. Might become my new favorite snack.
Shall we have it at your baby shower?

Anonymous said...

I think I will pass on this one...cottage cheese is not my thing but I want the recipe for that other fruit salad that you make with bananas and grapes and marshmallows (i think), that one is yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this stuff! I also love to cut up avocados, make (or buy, whatever) salsa, and mix it with a bunch of cottage cheese. Delish!