May 14, 2006

For all you Mothers out there...

Happy Mother's Day. I hope everyone had a nice time with their families today. I spent my day with Zane, Tracy and her two girls. We drove to Round Rock this morning to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel. We had a little bit of a wait despite getting an early start. But the kids did fine playing with all the games and toys they have available there. Zane and I shared a meal and still couldn't finish it all. I really enjoy eating there and can't always seem to convince Abe to go, so it was nice to visit there again.



We took the kids to play at that awesome playground in Georgetown. They seemed to really enjoy themselves. The three of them sat in the tire swing at one time and let me push them for quite a while. No matter how fast or high they were going they all kept asking for more, between laughs, that is. Zane actually slipped down through the hole at one time just as I was trying to stop the swing. He fell on his back and head beneath the swing. He cried but not for long and then he was right back on it again. I had an epiphany at that moment, prompted by a comment Tracy made. See, I had always seen it as a negative when Zane would get hurt doing something, and then go right back to doing it again. But it could actually be a positive that he isn't afraid to "get back on that horse". I truly admire his ability to constantly seek, explore, climb, play, experiment, wonder about his world all around.



We spent a little time at home in the early afternoon. Then we headed over to Tracy's for dinner and the Survivor finale. Prior to all that we watched 2 episodes of Sex and the City and flipped through Scrapbook magazines. So nice. I left there halfway through the finale and put Zane to bed. He was actually falling asleep in his car seat after I parked in our garage. He was wiped out. I just finished watching the finale now and can't say any more about it because Abe will be reading this and I don't want to spoil it for him. I have been recording it and transferring it to VHS and mailing to him to watch over there. Honey, I'll try to get the last tape sent to you this week.



I'm off to bed. Thanks Tracy, for spending Mother's Day with us and being a great friend. You are my rock during this miserable deployment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Through my teary eyes I type that I had a wonderful day today, despite the very important people missing from our lives right now, and that had everything to do with you and Zane being there! Well, that and I love Cracker Barrel! Just kidding, this deployment would be unbearable without you on my side!

troglodytis said...

survivor finale?

Proffesor Plum
Lead Pipe
Library