Sep 11, 2006

Blast from the Past



Zane and I are back from our trip to the Dallas area. We had a great time. These pics were taken on Friday. I took Zane up to Denton for some good old fashioned fun. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts to visit with some old friends we ate lunch on the square at Denton County Independent Hamburger Company. It is a locally owned hamburger joint in Denton and they have been around for many years. Possibly 30, Abe? They serve up their hamburgers with what must be 1/2 pound of shredded cheddar cheese on top. Delicious. Of course I ate all of mine. Zane ate half of his and probably would have kept going if I hadn't mentioned going for ice cream when we were done.


We walked two doors down into Beth Marie's which is an old fashioned soda shop. Zane and I shared a cherry ice cream soda with homemade vanilla ice cream. They make all their 60 flavors of ice cream by hand. I hadn't been in there for a few years so it was a treat for myself as much as it was for Zane. Then we headed to a huge wooden playground not too far from where Abe and I first lived together. It was built just a few months after we met. Zane enjoyed climbing around and playing on all the different equipment. Eventually it got too hot for us and we headed back to my sister's place.


My sister's party went well on Saturday night. It was a Bachelorette Party so I am unable to divulge too much information here. I'll just say she had a good time and leave it at that. The rest of our weekend was spent playing cards/games and visiting with family and friends. We had a great time but it is good to be home again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun! But why can't you put info about the party on here?

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie! The look on his face in the top pic says "I make this drink gooood!".
Have a great day,
Janet