Jan 23, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

We are going to Vegas on Thursday!! It will be myself, Abe, my two sisters and their respective significant others. Zane is spending 3 1/2 days with Abe's Dad and Step-Mom. This entire ordeal will be a first on many levels. I have never been to Vegas. The six of us have never taken a trip together without kids along. Zane has never spent more than one night at Pa-pa and Me-ma's house without Mom and Dad there. And he has never been anywhere without Mom and Dad for more than one night. I think I am prepared for all of it mentally, and I know it will be harder on us than it will on Zane. As tough as it will be to go 3 1/2 days without Zane I am totally looking forward to 3 1/2 days without Zane!!! Part of me feels guilty, but the thought of riding on an airplane without keeping a 3 year old entertained sounds so exciting. Staying in a hotel without keeping a 3 year old entertained sounds so exciting. Sleeping whenever, eating whenever and wherever without worrying about a 3 year old sounds so exciting. Now add to that all the excitement that one should expect from Vegas and I am practically bubbling over with excitement.




In preparation for our trip (aka procrastination from packing) I just read how to play craps. It seems that craps offers up the best odds when it comes to gambling, which we fully intend to do (on a budget, of course). So being that I have never played it before and Abe learned while drunk, we need to have ourselves a little crash course. It actually does sound a lot easier than it looks. I've always been intimidated by the Craps table in casinos. I usually stick to slots and blackjack. Since I want to come home with more money than I left with, I think I will give Craps a serious try. I'm off to read more about it from another source. Tips or advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, just wish us crazy luck!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pass or Don't Pass. And $6 on 6 & 8. Stick with that and you should do alright with a decent shooter.

Anonymous said...

I have no advice for you, just wishing crazy luck! Which means if you win big you have to buy me a pricy present..haha!

And no need to feel guilty...enjoy it you won't be able to do something like this for a while esp with baby #2 coming...which by the way does he have a name yet?

oh yeah, and whats up with all these posts with no pictures...you just got a brand new camera!

Anonymous said...

It's all about the luck. If money gets tight, I suggest quarter slots in a big hotel like Ceasars. Convince a server to keep bringing drinks, find a fun machine, and you're in for hours of fun.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time, guys! And when you get back we are in baby time!!! I am shower happy.

Anonymous said...

Most of the casinos these days have teaching sessions on how to play the various games. Ask them when you check in, and they'll have a pamphlet listing the class times for the various games.