Zane had another seizure Friday night. This time we were home, doing very normal things when he fell face down on the kitchen floor and had a seizure that lasted about 2 minutes. We drove him to the ER. 7 1/2 hours later he was home again and we had little new information about what is going on with him. He does have an ear infection as well as pharyngitis. We are treating him with antibiotics and using drops in his ears to help with the wax build up that is so bad in one ear they can't even see anything in it.
I had spoken to the neurologist's office earlier in the day on Friday and they informed me that once they receive all of the referral info and reports we would be contacted to schedule his appointment. We know the referral has already been approved from the insurance company but it takes a little longer for the doctor to receive it. Now we will be calling them first thing in the morning to notify them of the 2nd seizure and desperately try to get in to see them as soon as possible. We are preparing ourselves to deal with seizures but we hate not knowing the cause. It could be anything from fever to a brain tumor. Hopefully the neurologist will find some answers for us. In the meantime, we've been instructed to keep Zane as un-stimulated (is that a word) as possible. Well for a very active 3 year old boy, that isn't going to be easy.
I'm scared. I'm sad. I'm worried. I don't want to be alone with my thoughts.

7 comments:
I have no idea what to say. There is no way to imagine how scared y'all must be. Not knowing is the worst thing. However, with all that validation I will add this. Your family is one of the strongest and most loving that I have ever been honored to be around. If anyone can be supportive of one another, love one another, be strong for one another, and see all of this through to the other side it would be your team there in Killeen. You have a wealth of friends and family to use as a support system, and that is just what you do. Use us all. To talk, to vent, to babysit, to cry to, whatever. Thinking of you, The McCormicks
I too don't know what to say, and what Katherine said was beautiful so I will just ditto that and add that I am here no matter the day or hour, to help in any way possible. Please don't hesitate to ask!
fuck, Beth. Fuck me..if you guys need anything, please call. I know that's a bullshit thing to say since I'm half way around the world, but if you are abe need someone to talk to or listen or anything, although I'm sure you have 1000 people you'd rather call than me....you guys know I'm here at any hour of any day.
I love you both with all my heart and I just wish there was something more I can do. If you need ANYTHING. And I mean fucking ANYTHING, you let me know and I'll break my back to get it to you. I'd call right now, but I'm pretty sure you're all sleepin.
anyway... Please keep us posted.
Beth & Abe, I feel helpless to be any help to you.....but I'm here!! I'm praying and I'm loving and there is a large prayer group which has been saying prayers for Zane and each of you ever since I first heard of the first seizure and they will continue to pray. They come from just about every Denomination of Churches and they love you every one . Becaue I talk about you so much, they feel that they know you. I wish I could hug you in person....but please feel my love surround you. I'll email more via regular email although I know you don't have time to read it. The " not knowing the answers" must keep you so upset. I gather Zane isn't aware of what is happening when the seizures hit, but Heaven knows you and Abe are aware. Does it help to know that I love you dearly? Please keep us posted when you can or ask Tracy to. I can't get in Tracy's blog now. I love you..so very much, so very much more than I can express...Granny
You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for updating your blog and detailing these events. You are providing information which allows those that care for your family to unite our thoughts and feelings for Zane, Brody, Abe, and yourself. If you feel alone, as you said you didn't want to, and just need someone around, we'd drive out to you and talk of the walls or whatever if you'd like; as others have offered, any help we could give we would love to.
Oh, Honey! Somehow I know he's going to be alright. We will get through this. The card you sent me yesterday was wonderful. Please try not to make yourselves sick with worry. I can come next Monday to help if you want. I know it would be more help on the weekend so you could both have a break, but I will do anything.
I love you all so much.
Beth and Abe~ We are just sick about our little Zane! Please know all of us our praying for him...... especially his buddy Sheldon. You both are such amazing parents, I can only imagine how hard this is on you. We will trust that God will give you the strength you need each day until you can get more answers. Please, please, please call for anything!! We want to help in anyway we can. Give Zane and Brody kisses for us!
Love,
Jaime, Jeremy, Sheldon and Aedon
Post a Comment