Our day was filled with appointments. I started it off with a trip to the dentist to have a cavity filled. It is the first filling in all my 31 years. I've had sealants in the past but nothing more than that. My cavity was small and they caught it early. I was literally in the chair 7 minutes tops...no shot...no pain...see ya in 6 months. Too easy.
Then Brody went to Ms. Gallup for his 4 month well baby visit. He weighed in at 17 lbs 12 oz and is 26 3/4" in length. He is in the 90th percentile for both categories. He checked out okay except for a little yeast rash in his private region which we have cream for. He got 4 shots and let out only one single cry and completely composed himself before they were even done giving the shots. What a trooper!
And lastly, Mackie went to the vet to have some bloodwork done. We noticed a significant change in her after returning from the reunion last weekend. She won't eat unless we add table scraps to her bowl. She is having much more trouble getting up off the floor, it's very evident her hips are bothering her, despite the pain medication she is on. And she just has had a sad, lethargic way about her. The bloodwork came back okay. The vet gave us another pain pill to give her in addition to the ones she already has. She will be 12 years old this month which is pretty old for a large breed dog. I hope she gets to feeling better.


2 comments:
Poor Mackie, I hope she feels better soon! And way to go Brody, he is tough.
Smooches and hugs to Mackie. Awesome on the dental visit, and I understand....I had my first filling not too terribly long ago....sad day.
Brody rocks!
Post a Comment