for leaving you all hanging for so long after such a rotten day. We had an amazing Sunday. No seizures the entire day!!! On Monday though, we had another day of multiple seizures. Zane had 19 seizures by the time we got him to school which was only an hour after he woke up. They slowed down once he got to school. His teachers only counted 4 or 5, but I bet they missed a few with how hectic their day surely was. I got a call from the school nurse about 45 minutes before the end of the day. She had Zane in her office because he had a seizure and hit his chin on the table in class. There wasn't a cut or anything but his teachers thought he was getting pretty tired out. So I picked him up and he was fine coming home. He told me all about his day. Within that first hour home he had another 3-4 seizures but then it was like a light switch flipped on and he was wide awake and we didn't see another seizure the rest of the evening.
Today, I took a different approach in waking him up. I turned his light on and started working in the kitchen on his breakfast. He woke up on his own and seemed to be very chipper. On Monday I woke him up and he just never seemed to fully wake up...he was very groggy. He didn't have any seizures before school today. In fact, he has gone the entire day without any!! To me it seems like how he wakes up (or what mood he's in when waking) has everything to do with what kind of day we are going to have. And if he can wake up on his own he is in a good mood and it just seems like his body is ready for the day. So hopefully we can get him on a schedule that has him waking for school completely on his own. And hopefully none of this will matter if the diet works for him.
He is doing quite well with school. He hasn't cried at all when we take him in the morning. I've been going to the school during his lunch time to make sure he is doing well eating his meal. I'll continue the rest of the week and then his teacher will take over monitoring his eating and making sure he doesn't eat something from another child's plate. Fortunately my parents were here the last two nights. They were a big help with the boys and with some housecleaning. I hope to settle into our new "routine" soon and then maybe things won't feel so out of control.

5 comments:
I can forgive you for not blogging quickly enough. But what I can't forgive is the lack of pictures?!
Yea, do we have some 1st day @ school pictures? Ooops! I mean, We know your life has been very hectic since Zane started the new diet and school, so we will wait patiently to see them. huh, Tracy. Glad you are figuring out some new techniques for getting the day started. It sounds like Zane has a good school.
Love, Nana
Like all the rest of you, I spent most of my life being jarred awake by the alarm clock. Growing old has a few plus signs. No alarm clocks breaking into my dreams. And I'm sure not many people would list an alarm clock as their favorite sound. Not that you wake Zane with an alarm...just that he wakes naturally sounds like you have found a key!! You are a wise and wonderful little Mom...and I'm glad Zane likes school and all is better for him. I know, in turn, life is better for you. Good to hear from you. Hoping that the " student" is enjoying being so grown up as to be " in school" . Sending hugs to each one of you!! Love Granny
So Zane did well with his first days of school. Yeah Zane! However, you didn't mention how YOU did with his first days of school?
1) take care of you and yours
.
.
.
53)blog
tis cool. we can be patient, or call if we're not :)
i like the way stephanie thinks, how DID you do?
Post a Comment