Oct 21, 2007

Awesome Weekend!







Zane's party on Saturday went really well. All the little kids were dressed in costumes. By the end of the party most had changed into regular clothes so they could run around with ease. Zane wore his costume for less than 10 minutes. I didn't even get a picture of him in it. I'll get pics on Halloween. It seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves. We served strawberries and whipped cream in lieu of a cake. But Zane never once asked about a birthday cake. I think it was harder on Abe and I than it was on him. I actually made a little "cake" out of playdoh and stuck 4 candles in it, but we never got around to using it. It may be better that we didn't. We enjoyed a spaghetti dinner in the backyard with some family that stuck around after the party. Zane had some quality time with his cousins, Gabe and Jake and Abe's young cousins, Adam and Henry. Abe and I knocked out all the clean-up after the boys went to bed so today we had nothing to do but relax.



Zane was in a pretty good mood all day. We had a great time playing with him, checking out his new toys and carving pumpkins. Despite the fact that Zane had 3 seizures over the weekend it was pretty awesome all the way around. And in other good news, tomorrow's high is in the lower 60's. Even though it's supposed to be rainy, I can't wait.



And lastly...



I don't think I've mentioned it recently because I wanted to be sure, but I think I can officially say that Zane is POTTY TRAINED, finally! That is not to say there won't be any accidents in his future, but the boy will run to the bathroom completely on his own now. I don't think he's worn a pull-up for several weeks. I gave away all his leftover diapers and pull-ups. It took him long enough, but it feels great all the same.




BTW...I'm still working on pics and will let you know when I've added them to the collection.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am glad a good time was had by all. Bravo on the potty training & glad you were able to have some down time on Sun. I, too, am looking forward to cooler temps. mb from tc

Planet Dixon said...

I'm glad that Zane's party was a hit and that you had a great weekend. The cooler temps definitely put me in the snuggle up movie mood! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Zane! I wish we could have come to his party to celebrate with you guys. Jake would have been all over the strawberries, I think he would have liked that better than b-day cake.

Andrea said...

Looks like fun! Hasn't the weather been gorgeous? and Hooray for Potty Training!