
Here is Zane's school picture. I know, he's only in preschool but it is a school pic nonetheless. We don't have a scanner so this is a picture of it and the quality is not so good, but you get the general idea. I had no idea what kind of expression he would have on his face. We tried to practice smiling on the way to school that day but he wasn't interested in that for long. I'm pleased with the results because frankly, I've seen the kid do a lot worse.
In Keto news....we saw a big improvement last week. Zane had only 2 seizures for the entire week!!!! They both happened at home so no phone calls from the school. He had one on Tuesday afternoon but it was quick, minor and he didn't get hurt. Then of all things, he had a grand mal on Friday afternoon. We were very surprised since we hadn't seen a grand mal in 7 1/2 weeks. But as grand mals go, it was extremely minor. It lasted about 2 minutes and he recovered very quickly. He didn't sleep immediately following it and he wasn't even cranky. We are not sure if there is any significance that it was a grand mal. I need to call the doctor's office and find out if it matters what type of seizure he is having at this point in the diet. Now I'm crossing my fingers that this week is as good or better than last.
Now as author of this blog it is my right to brag every once in a while. And Zane deserves huge kudos for his behavior Saturday night. The four of us went to a Halloween party in Pfluegerville that our friends were throwing. We warned Zane ahead of time that there would be food there that he could not eat. We had his snack along with us and told him that would be the only thing he could have. (For the record, it was butter and a handful of Fiber One cereal, not exactly exciting stuff) He seemed fine with it but I thought for sure we would have some issues once he actually saw the spread at the party.
In true Halloween party fashion there was candy, cupcakes, decorated cookies, bread, chips, etc. It all looked great and it was all at eye level to Zane. He passed by the table several times through the course of the evening and never once mentioned anything about it. He didn't utter a single word regarding food. I still can't believe it. There were Halloween peeps for crying out loud, not a word from Zane. He never tried to grab a bite. I am just so impressed with him. I am so proud of him.
The hosts had an awesome bag of goodies for Zane to play with, including a squishy, sticky brain and that kept him occupied for a good little while. Thank you guys so much for inviting us. We had a great time!

5 comments:
The peeps are our fault. :)
He was extremely well behaved, as always. It was great to see y'all. Congrats on the lack of news for the past week. Boring is what we strive for sometimes, right?
What a trooper. I bet you are just beaming with pride. :)
Nicole
Thats awesome about Zane! Hopefully he has another awesome week. And major kudos to him, if only we all had that sort of self control...and he is only 4!
His pic is cute!
brag away, zane was excellent.
what can i say, i'm a son-of-a-bitch. i thought razor blades and loaded guns laying around would complement the foody treats, but jason thought the liability was too great. glad yall could make it. we all had a blast! it was fun getting killed by darth maul. brody is crazy big and fabulous as always.
Man, I am sorry to hear about Zane. What a strong little man though, truly courageous. I will remember this for future parties. Way to go Zane!
Post a Comment