
Ha! I bet you were expecting to see the same old pic of Zane and Brody in their Christmas pj's. Well we are back into the swing of things. I've been too busy to post, but I bet you've been too busy to check up on us much anyways. I hope each of you had a great Christmas. We had a great time celebrating our first Christmas at home (since Zane was born). Then we spent a long weekend in North Texas with our families. I'm still working on the pictures, actually the pictures I'm working on date back to December 18th. I will let you know when they are in an album.
With the new year comes lots of changes for Team Jacquot, both big and small. One exciting change on the kid front is Brody. He has taken to standing up every chance he gets. He will pull himself up on anything and everything, but does a very good job of it. Zane didn't start walking until 13 1/2 months but I predict Brody takes his first steps by 10 months.

Another change that will come as a shock to some of you is that I am giving up my scrapbooking hobby. Yup, that's right, I plan to sell most of my supplies on Ebay. After much deliberation I've decided that I can't keep up with both photography and scrapbooking. Time and money are the main factors in my decision. The fact is, I like photography better and feel like it has a lot more room to grow than scrapbooking does. It's also possible that I could make money at it someday so I can look at it as more of an "investment" which makes the cost of the equipment easier to swallow. I will keep the essential tools for scrapping so that I can make the occasional mini album or alter items into nifty little photo crafts. As for preserving our memories into neat little albums for the boys to enjoy for years to come...they will most likely get a collection of something like this when they leave home. Perhaps a new volume of "Mom's Favorites" for each year? And the day to day snapshots can just go in a traditional photo album. All in all this decision didn't come easy for me, but I am ready to embrace it and move forward with my plan. I find myself daydreaming all the time about photography and where it might take me.
Well that's about all I have time for right now. Abe and I recently started watching Dexter and are about to sit down for episode 3 (season 1). It is really good. I'm hooked already. Good night.

3 comments:
Brody is too cute...and ready to walk? That is insanity! I want to check out Dexter too...
I can definitely see your photography taking you somewhere. You are awesome at it! :)
Nicole
I haven't seen your scrapbooks yet, but your photos are awesome. I say, keep the photos coming.
Post a Comment