Feb 6, 2008

Pizza! Pizza!





Not since Zane began the Ketogenic Diet 5 1/2 months ago has he had pizza. But last night we gave "keto pizza" a try and I believe it was a huge success. It consisted of maybe a 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inch rectangle of low carb bread, a thin layer of tomato sauce, shredded mozarella cheese and tons of hormel original pepperoni (by tons I mean about 6 or 7 slices). In fact there was too much pepperoni for his pizza so he ate some on the side. I can make adjustments to the meal for the future so it's not so pepperoni heavy. Prior to the diet Zane didn't even care for pepperoni but I didn't hear any complaints last night. I heated it in our toaster oven and it came out beautifully in just a few minutes. He wanted it to be shaped like real pizza so I cut the rectangle diagonally to make two triangles. Zane was super stoked and LOVED it. That will probably be all he asks for now. And I won't mind one bit!











8 comments:

Laura @ live.laugh.photograph said...

hey! the look on his face is priceless... I can't imagine how hard it must be for you and your family. so happy he was able to get some enjoyment out of pizza!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! Everyone deserves to eat pizza. Especially Zane.

Anonymous said...

very cute, i love his face in #2. im glad he can enjoy some pizza now!

Anonymous said...

How did you come about the pizza recipe? Or is he at a point in his diet that you can add some more stuff?

Chief Family Officer said...

Love it! Pizza is usually a big hit with kids, and Zane is no exception!

Planet Dixon said...

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for the little guy. That is awesome. Good job mom! :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray Hooray - am so glad you found this recipe for him, Beth! The pictures are great! mb from tc

NesrstaFamily said...

Oh, look at his face in these pictures! He looks so happy to be eating pizza, and it looks yummy too! I agree, he deserves PIZZA!! Go Zane!!