Mar 25, 2008

We Did It

We survived Spring Break! Nobody killed anyone and it actually went better than I thought it would. I'm always so worried that Zane doesn't have enough to do around the house but he managed to get through it just fine. I admit, it felt like he watched too much TV on some of his days off but we did pretty good coming up with new things to do and places to go. It certainly gave me a preview of what's to come this summer.



One of the things we did was take him and his buddy Sheldon to see Horton Hears a Who! I really loved that movie. I am a big fan of all things Dr. Suess and it was great seeing one of his stories played out on the big screen. If you have any young ones in your life, you ought to take them to see it. I will definitely be buying that for myself (oops, I mean the boys) when it comes out on DVD.



Last Friday we took some time to play at a nearby park. It has a bunch of great climbing trees so we all took a turn climbing, like a bunch of monkeys.








And when I say....







we all took a turn...







we all took a turn.







Zane returned to school today (Cove had yesterday off) so I am just busy trying to get caught up on a few things. I will probably have some more miscellaneous pictures to share soon. Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Cute! I love to climb trees too and have a pic that my sis took of me in one...so much fun...

Tracy Morris said...

I love Dr. Seuss, that movie was so cute. Looks like ya had some fun over break. I can't wait for summer :)

Anonymous said...

We took Jake to see that while Brenda was here. He liked it a lot, well, all until he passed out for his nap towards the end. He woke up in the car making elephant sounds and looking around, clearly asking, what happened to the movie and how did I get here?

NesrstaFamily said...

You guys look like you know how to have a good time! I love it! I want to take Luke to see that movie. We are huge Dr. Seuss fans over here as well. I think he would love it.

Christie Groth said...

Okay, so the pics are great but girl!!! I'M LOVING YOUR KICKS!
I heard that the Dr Seuss movie knocks homeschoolers as hiding them from the real world, being overprotective, etc. Do you see me being that way? hahahahaha rofl