Jul 22, 2008

Post #500

That's right, this is my 500th post. Here's to another 500!



I just thought I'd share a few pics. I took the boys to Marshall today which is where my grandparents lived the entire time I knew them. We drove by the house I visited summer after summer. We also went and played at the same park where my Grandpa and I would walk to. Our trip would usually include a stop at the bank or pharmacy or little grocery store, as well. Most of the playground equipment has been replaced since I last played there but the memories still came rushing back.



In case you are wondering why I haven't posted any pics of our visit in Wisconsin before now, it's because of something technical. Most of the pics I've taken so far can't be "played" with until I return to Killeen. I set the camera to JPEG today so that I could have some to share with Abe. He hasn't seen us in pics or on the webcam since we got up here. So anyways, there will be more to come but not until August.
































Now for a couple of footnotes...




The shirt Zane has on says "Mad City" which is a nickname for Madison and has a picture of the capitol building. My Grandmother bought it for my brother, Mark, over 30 years ago. My mother has had it all these years (among other things) and it ended up in my hot little hands. I just thought I'd share since I think vintage is pretty damn cool.



Also, you might have noticed that both boys look a little "beat up". No, I'm not abusing them. Zane has a bruise on his cheek from a bounce house accident at the reunion, 10 days ago. Hopefully it will be gone soon. The most prominent mark on Brody's forehead is a scrape. He was trying to squeeze between a recliner and the wall at Brandon's and he refused to give up. Unfortunately he was facing the textured wall at the time. There are a few other bruises on his forehead but what can I say? He's one.



5 comments:

Rinny said...

Your boys are just a big old handful. Don't know how y'all do it!

Jenn Kruse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
troglodytis said...

the judge never gives up.
NEVAR!

NesrstaFamily said...

Has it been 500 already? And i have loved every post. Hope you are having a good time. We miss ya over here, but I am enjoying your stories.

Andrea said...

I was gonna say.. looks like Brody is being a typical boy and why is it they always try to squeeze into those places??