
Don't let the sour face fool ya...he was happy to go back to school. He didn't even pretend like he was going to miss me. He wanted to wear his Batman mask to school and I said "yes but if the teacher wants you to put it in your locker, you have to listen." Not only did she not mind that he wore it, after introducing him to the class as "batman" she asked him if he would wear it all day. He said "no, just sometimes".




See that blue thing poking up out of Zane's backpack? That's his nap mat and yesterday I made a handy little cover for it. I'm actually quite proud of myself even though I intended to make it clear back in March. He is on his second nap mat after tearing up the first one. I decided making a cover would prevent him from tearing it up. Well five months later I got it done but at least I did it in time for the new school year.




It has a velcro closure at the bottom to keep it all in place. It took a little bit of time to make since I was just winging it, but really it was quite simple. I haven't done any sewing in quite some time and yesterday I was reminded how much I enjoy it. Zane loves it too. He gave me a heartfelt "thanks" and a big hug when I showed it to him.

10 comments:
I love the Batman pics and you did a great job on the slip cover. You are the best.
I love you,
Abe
The slip cover ROCKS! I bet he was soooo proud! Lovin' the Batman too! Those are awesome first day of school pics btw. :-)
He is such a cutie! I love the slip cover! Great job girl!
Wow he is so cute and you did an awesome job on the slip cover...we got Jaycee a pink and black leopard print one:) I guess you can add sewing to your list of many talents!
I think Zane might be Jake's hero right now. I think it's great that his teacher is so kid friendly. So many now days aren't and it's especially important in the beginning for how they're going to respond to school as they get older. Way to go on the slipcover, perfect, as usual!
I had never thought to put a cover on those. Great job mom! The pics are great too!
You go girl!! Batman looks as handsome as ever and the slip cover is simply fab!
The batman mask is priceless, you're such a cool mom for letting him do that. The nap mat cover is very cool.
no, just sometimes
Way to go Beth! You are a great mommy. Batman is lucky to have you and vice versa. I just love the first day of school, everything is so exciting. You look awesome Batman! I'd walk with you to school anyday. Miss you girl and I am thinking of you also! :)
Post a Comment