Sep 11, 2008

Brody's Rash

Some of you already know about the rash Brody had last week. I wanted to get pictures of it up so Abe can see them when he gets back to his computer (he's temporarily in Kuwait). According to the doctor (and it took 2 visits to figure it out), Brody had a stomach virus which was causing his diarrhea which led to a bad diaper rash, and his skin decided to get involved by breaking out in a rash called Erythema Multiforme. It wasn't anything serious in his case. Just an allergic reaction to the virus same as you would react to a food or medicine. It never seemed to bother him so I don't think the spots even itched. He didn't have any other symptoms so I feel like it was a pretty mild case.




The rash is pretty much gone now. The diarrhea was done by the weekend. He does have a runny nose but it may not even be related to last week's bout. He is going to hourly care on post 11 hours a week so he could have picked up something entirely different. So I figure at this rate he should have an immune system built of steel by the time he starts school, right?

5 comments:

Jenn Kruse said...

Poor baby!!!

Christie Groth said...

OMG, and I bet he handled it like a trooper. I agree on the immunity though. :-)

jessicatodd said...

Glad he is doing better now. That looked like it would be killer itchy!

Debra said...

Poor little baby...glad he is doing better:) He is a little cutie! I showed one of my friends pics of him and she said he was very handsome!

Anonymous said...

Beth, your children may sue you when they get in their teens for the photos you dare post. Not saying that they will, but just in case you want to start a little separate fund on the side, you could rest easier at night.

Im glad Brody feels better and that you are exposing him to the fun and germs of other kids. I love you all so much!
I hope Zane the Brain is enjoying school.
XXOO - Nana