Abe's been gone for 3 months. Now I could easily look at it like "it sure feels longer than that" or "only 3 months, we still have 12 to go". But I choose to tell myself "wow, that 3 months went by really quickly". I need to remain optimistic for my own sanity and because I think the boys would pick up on any negative thinking.
I'm extremely thankful for the technology that allows us to stay in touch with Abe via phone, email and webcams. When you compare things to the way they were during all the wars in our past, we are very fortunate on the communication front. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to get a letter every once in a while and not hearing my husband's voice for a year or two at a time.
Abe's doing fine, we're doing fine and together we will get through this just fine. With any luck at all this will turn out to be a 12 or 13 month deployment in which case we have less than a year to go!!!

6 comments:
I don't know how you do it even with all that high tech stuff. I can't imagine.
Love to the whole Team.
We send much love too and are glad that you are able to keep in touch.
Thats right Beth! Good thinking:) I need to remind myself of that too sometimes.
We're on the same page. This 3 mths flew by. Of course I feel like I barely have time to wipe when I pee but hey....at least time is flying by. hahahaha
I like to refer to this time as Chinese water torture
Way to look on the bright side!! He will be home before you know it!! Team Jacquot rocks!!!
Post a Comment