Sep 1, 2008

Once upon a time...

there was a sweet, innocent little girl, I'll call her "Beth". She had five siblings (3 older, 2 younger) and despite their constant picking on her, she NEVER deserved it and she NEVER fought back.

One evening her parents left her and her siblings in the care of her oldest brother, I'll call him "Mark". Mark had red hair and he was painfully shy but as evil as big brothers could be. Take for example, this particular evening. Sweet, innocent Beth fell asleep on the family room couch while watching TV. Now sweet, innocent Beth had been known to sleep with her mouth open (sometimes her eyes too) but as creepy as that sounds, you've never seen anything more beautiful. She put Sleeping Beauty to shame. Now while Beth lay there dreaming of sugarplum fairies, her evil big brother thought it would be a good idea to put a spoonful of Tabasco sauce in her mouth.

Poor sweet, innocent Beth woke up to the taste of fire on her tongue. She ran crying to the kitchen sink. After seeing the horrified look on Beth's face, Mark decided he could get in really big trouble for this stunt so he decided to help out by giving Beth water, milk, anything he could find to put out the fire. All the while he kept pleading with Beth "please don't tell Mom and Dad, please don't tell". Not that it would matter because one of the siblings who by the way were laughing maniacally on the sidelines, would surely tell the folks. His punishment was inevitable.

Sweet, innocent Beth survived that evening. But to this day she does not like spicy foods.

8 comments:

Christie Groth said...

lol What a cute story. If i didn't know better I'd think it was about you. :)

Anonymous said...

You write so well!!! I got a kick out of that story for sure! :)

~Jaime

Jenn Kruse said...

OOOHHHHHHH this totally explains it!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA....I am literally laughing my ass off!!! BAUHHHHH!!!! Poor "Beth"!!!!

Planet Dixon said...

HEE HEE. Great story!! Mean old big brothers!!!

Andrea said...

Awww poor Beth, well at least you have a good story to tell whenever people ask why you don't eat spicy foods.

Debra said...

Ouch!!!! Good reason for not liking spicy food. That poor girl:)

Anonymous said...

Well, you must be feeling much beter from your surgery! (Or maybe you just need a distraction.)

I personally know all of that poor girl's siblings, so I think it must be true! They seem to be constantly teasing and trying to trick each other these days - they always have a good time when I get together with them.

I hope you and the little guys are doing well!

Love - Nana

Chief Family Officer said...

FANTASTIC story! Probably your best yet!