Jan 15, 2009

Unfortunately this is all too rare...



The board reads "## days since our last traffic fatality...drive safely...you survived the war, now survive the highways!" These signs are located at each exit headed off post.

It's been 60+ days since a Hood soldier was killed in an auto accident. Not only does the counter hardly ever reach that high (typically it's under 20) but that also means that our soldiers survived Christmas and New Year's travels. I'm not sure I've seen that since we've been here. Let's hope it reaches well into the triple digits.

To my readers at other Army installations, do they have this same sort of thing where you are?

4 comments:

Tracy Morris said...

Ah, highway 190. How I miss it. lol. No I'm being serious. I'd give my right leg to be there...

Glad to see Soldiers aren't dying in car accidents, that counter was always resetting.

Debra said...

I know I rarely EVER saw it past 40! That is amazing that no one was killed over those major holidays.

Jen said...

We are stationed in Germany right now and we do have a ticker. I will check it tomorrow and give an update. Ours has the days since last traffic fatality and also days since last DUI. That one never gets very high.

Anonymous said...

I didn't see one last time I was at Ft. Eustis.