Apr 23, 2009

About the Pirate Sock...

A couple weeks ago Zane came home from school with shoes on his feet but no socks, despite having left for school that morning with both. No big deal, it's happened before. I tell Zane to bring home his socks the next day but only one makes the trip. So the next day I remind him again that he needs to find his sock and he assures me he knows exactly where it is. But as a precautionary measure I email his teacher the following:

Hi Ms. Bravo,
Can you please remind Zane to find his sock that he left at school two days ago?
Thanks,
Beth

To which she cleverly replies:

I will ask him to look for it when he gets back from recess. I can't guarantee that he will find it, I heard a rumor about a gang of wild socks that roam the Pre-K hallway and recruit new members, many socks have
"disappeared". . .
Bravo


When I pick him up from school that afternoon Ms. Bravo informs me that she told him after recess and he said he knew exactly where it was and sure enough, that's where he retrieved it from. So out from behind Zane's back appears the Pirate Sock in all it's glory!

Ms. Bravo had actually taken the time to cut out felt pieces and hand-stitch them to his sock. I found the gesture incredibly creative and yet another example of how patient and caring this woman is. I can't say enough good things about her. And like I've already told her, she has completely spoiled us these two years of Pre-K for Zane. He will be lucky to have teachers half as dedicated to their students as Ms. Bravo is to hers, in his future.

3 comments:

Tracy Morris said...

Such a cute story. You don't find many teachers like that Zane has been very lucky!

jessicatodd said...

Very cute story! I agree with Tracy, Zane has been very lucky to have such a caring sweet teacher!

Andrea said...

That's incredible and so good to hear there really are teachers like that still in existence. I hope we get as lucky!