Apr 22, 2009

Don't Get Crotchety With Me!

So I'm sitting at the Bunco table last night, minding my own Bunco business when another lady and I exchange a few "pleasantries". As is typical with Army wives we quickly turned to the inevitable question "is your husband home?". I told her mine was gone but that he'd be coming home soon. When I asked about hers she said "mine just left......so yours could come home".

Errrrr, put the brakes on. EXCUSE ME?!?! Um no, yours just left because some egotistical jackass got us balls-deep in a war we never should have started. And mine can come home because he's done with his 12 months.

Of course I didn't say that to her because I can never think that quickly on my feet. And I realize I'm probably most-likely overreacting but it wasn't just what she said, it was how she said it.

I didn't let it spoil my evening though. I ended up winning the top prize, a $75 gift card to Williams-Sonoma. Woo-Hoo!

12 comments:

Abraham said...

What the fuck? I thought they were making me come home so that her husband could start collecting my combat pay and "tax free pay?" You tell that ungrateful bitch that I am staying here (balls deep) in Iraq and she can return all of her recent self-pity purchases ;)

I love you soooo much. I'll be home soon.


Abraham

Lora said...

Fuck her. That's not the way it works. Abe is coming home because he did his time. Her husband just left because it's his turn over there.
Does that girl have kids? If she does, I hope her mother died when the first one was born. According to her logic, it's the only way life should work

Andrea said...

How rude can she get? My husband actually is leaving soon so yours can come home.. literally. I couldn't be happier for you. Truly, it makes me happy to know that because its my husbands turn to go, its Abe's turn to come home. What an ass.

Planet Dixon said...

Next time, don't say anything. Just trip her and let her fall on her bitter face.

Jenn Kruse said...

I believe I know who you are talking about....hmmmmm. That is pretty shitty....I don't think that any of us would have said such things to anyone a year ago....Nice job on the $75 gift card!!!

The Galovics said...

This next year is going to SUCK for her with that attitude! I wonder how much embarrassment her husband will go through because of her mouth back here. I don't mean the embarrassment of falling off tables and getting drunk tattoos either. ;0

troglodytis said...

damn. that sock's got an awfully big chip on its pinky toe.

Abraham said...

Awww. Andrea I am so sorry that Dave has to come back over here. I am quite grateful that he is coming to replace me but for your sake I sure wish it was someone else. I vote we stop taking turns at all. ALL IN FAVOR?

AYE!!

Anonymous said...

Oh No she didn't! :) I like the idea of tripping her the next time. HA! Glad you walked away a winner!

Andrea said...

Thanks Abe. I know it sucks you two are never in this country at the same time. Say hi to him for me though, you'll probably run into him shortly.

Gwen said...

Just tell me her address and she won't say anything again!!! (No patience for cunts like that!)

Stephanie said...

You're a bigger woman than me, I would have said just that and then left. Clearly without reading to the bottom, I can c the f word used quite a bit so I'm thinking you ARE the bigger woman. Congratulations to you! Thank god you're not me or I wasn't there because I would have hit her and then you would have had to use your $75 to bail me out of jail for hitting her. But I don't think I would have been convicted. I've been taking a lot of vicadin...LOL! Love you!