Oct 30, 2010

Taeshin Farms

I know it may seem as if we haven't been out and about much yet. Truth is, we're doing plenty. And I'm taking pictures. I just haven't had much time to edit and post the pictures. But as long as I'm taking them that's the important part, right?

I finally have a new album in our collection and it's from our trip to Taeshin Farms back on the 11th of October. All four of us were able to go with a group from post who tries to come up with a different field trip every month, if possible. Army Community Services provided a bus for us so all we had to pay for was admission to the farm which wasn't very much. We even had two interpreters along so we could communicate with the farmer/guide.  It was a bit damp and dreary that day but we had a great time.

We began by feeding the cows, both young and old. Then we were given a chance to milk a big cow. Zane was reluctant but gave it a shot. He was afraid of getting kicked. Brody tried and then I took a turn. Abe was running the camera. We took a ride around the farm and saw a variety of animals in the pastures....pigs, sheep, horses, turkeys, donkeys, a camel, etc. Then we had some free time for eating our lunches from home and spent some time running around the grounds and playing on their awesome playground. Lastly, we made some ice cream. The choices were strawberry, banana or chocolate. We went with strawberry and after lots and lots of hard work (whisking like I've never whisked before), it paid off. It turned out quite yummy.

I've attached a few pics from the day but you'll have to click over there on the right to see the rest.







No comments: