for very selfish reasons. Sure, there's all the cultural differences worth loving, but honestly, for every positive thing about Korea, I could probably think of a negative thing about Korea, too. But that's stinkin' thinkin' and I'm not going to live that way. I'm staying away from the negatives.
I'm instead going to focus on the fact that our family is TOGETHER...with no looming deployments in our future. At this point in our lives, that is the most important thing to me, for our boys. If we were still in TX, Abe would be on his 3rd, year-long deployment to the desert. With Zane being 7 and Brody just 3 1/2, that's a big deal, nearly half their lives with Daddy gone. That's not cool. For that reason alone, Korea is exactly where we need to be!
And if this is where we need to be then I'm going to make Korea HOME. And with each passing day, it feels that way.
So I hope as time continues to roll on by, I can keep all this in mind. There will be days when I miss family back home and certain things about living in the States. I might even voice a complaint from time to time. So if I don't snap out of it quickly on my own, feel free to remind me what we have to gain, as a family, by living here.

4 comments:
Thanks Boogie. I love you! :)
I fully believe in doing what is best for your immediate family and by that I mean the 4 of you, extended family and friends may not always like it but if they really love you they understand. And you are like the most positive, optimistic person I know so I'm thinking it won't be hard for you to almost always see the bright side of being there even when you miss the comforts of the states. Hell, you helped turn me into a more positive person so you must be freaking good!!
I love you and I understand. Im so happy you guys are together even though I feel sorry for myself!
I hope you guys have a very happy Thanksgiving!
Well said, sister, well said.
Post a Comment