Aug 14, 2014

Missing Our Rock


Hard to believe but it's already been 2 weeks since we said "see you later" to Abe. He is spending 2-3 months in Kuwait. The mission schedule has taken some getting used to but he is doing well. We miss him but are fortunate to get to talk to him on the phone almost daily. I will never take that luxury for granted. I can't even begin to imagine the wars fought by our not so distant ancestors. I begin to worry when just 24 hours go by without hearing from him. I don't even want to think about what it was like to go months with no word. In this instance, I really DO love modern day technology.






The boys have been real troopers. I do notice this separation being harder on Zane than previous separations. I think that has everything to do with his age. He's more aware of mortality, in general, and I know he worries about his Daddy. We do our best to reassure him and hope it's enough to get him through the difficult moments. Once school starts and we get back into a routine again, I know time will just whiz on by. Daddy will be home before we know it. Until then, stay safe, my love!




2 comments:

We Four Explorers said...

Hiya, Team Jacquot! I was inspired to check on my own blog after I saw on FB that you were resurrecting yours. Ok, so you have to keep it up...Missed ya!

Team Manager said...

Is yours private right now? I can't seem to get to it, just your profile. Anyways, I hope you get back to yours, too. I will do my best to keep this one going. I hate that I slacked off for so long. :(

(thanks for leaving a comment :))