with a Cybex Cross Trainer at my new gym. It is just a piece of equipment, I know, but this is not your ordinary fat burning machine. Take today for example, I burned 162 calories in just 15 minutes, you heard me, 15 minutes. And I don't even feel like I was working that hard. I just love it. I don't even know all of it's capabilities yet. I look forward to my future affairs with it, as I try to get to know it better.
Today was my first experience with Kick Boxing. I participated in the class with Christine (thanks for making us do it) and Tracy. I can honestly say I thoroughly enjoyed it. And not just because I didn't hurt myself or any innocent bystanders. It was new and fresh and I worked up a sweat. The 3 of us definitely looked like a bunch of rookies in there, but we will have it down in no time. Look out Turbo Kick Boxing...here we come.
On the deployment front, Abe is sick as a dog. He didn't even make it to work today. He had breakfast with the maintenance crew and after taking a long hard look at him, they told him he better skip work. So he went back to his room and slept another 4 hours, after getting a good night's rest last night. He thinks it is just a sinus infection combined with a fever. I told him he better nurse himself back to health. I wish I was there to comfort him.
This was taken several days ago. Abe and Shane Sellenrick sandbagged Brandon Tipton's door. Brandon was at work, otherwise there would be "fire hazard" written all over this. Apparently Brandon started it by sandbagging Shane's door (only after doing the wrong door first). Let me just say that Abe participated in all events. I guess he likes to stay neutral and maybe that will keep him from having his door sandbagged. It just goes to show that even in Iraq, they can find things to do in their spare time. Well, I usually don't write my blog entries until right before bed and it is not even 2 in the afternoon now. I can't help but feel like I just finished all my homework and now I can go out and play.

2 comments:
Loved the class this morning. Will you be making the spin then step class! I have felt so energized all day and I think it was due to the two hour cardio workout!! It's a must! I'm glad you found a machine you like..it makes being on them so much easier. That's how I feel on the stairclimber! Sometimes it seems cool to be in the army when they do fun stuff like sandbaggin'..I want to participate in stuff like that! Hope Abey feels better soon. Loved the story below..but why did you want to be tripped? I think you left out some facts there-like he climbed on top of your tripped ass and tagged it? I'm alone for a year here go ahead and embellish!
Beth is not going in the morning???
Post a Comment