Zane and I spent the weekend with family. We drove up to The Colony on Friday and came back today. Zane spent a lot of time playing with his cousins and I spent a lot of time playing cards and games with my family. While we were in town, I took Zane to get his haircut at Cool Cuts for Kids. Once again, Zane was not happy about having a stranger touch his hair. I held him the whole time while he struggled and screamed to get away. We just tried to do it as quickly as possible and I told her to cut it short so we wouldn't have to go through this again for a while. So as you can see, his hair is short. The only thing I didn't like is that she cut his bangs straight across. I like them more the other way, more of a jagged cut. But we will have to live with this until they grow out again. He is still my cute little guy. Sunday, we went to Corinth to see Abe's Mom, Chris. There is a playground right around the corner from her, so we let Zane play there for a bit before we went to dinner. At dinner, Zane decided it would be fun to have a little bit of a pink lemonade bath at the table. He also thought the man sitting behind us needed a fork thrown at his back. No harm done, but the man didn't seem too pleased about it. Yep, Zane was a handful but if you were to ask the waitress, she would tell you that we need to have "so many more kids". She was real sweet and seemed genuinely interested in Zane and his life. She was young, unmarried and without kids of her own, but she talked to us at length about kids and family. She was happy to hear that I am able to be a stay at home mom. It seemed a little weird that she would tell a complete stranger that they should have a bunch of kids. But like I said, she was real sweet. When we got back to Chris' house, I gave Zane a real bath, the kind with soap and water. He had fun playing with a big, plastic colander and measuring cup in the tub. We had breakfast with Jenny and Claire this morning before we left town. Now we are back to business as usual, for a while. We have no trips planned and are expecting no house guests in the near future. Be sure to check out the "photo collection" link at right to see more pics from our weekend.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment