Jan 31, 2006

Good Day!!


Today was a good day. It started off right with a webcam conversation with Abe. He got to see and hear a lot of Zane. They even shared cyber kisses with one another. It was so cute. We hadn't talked to Abe for several days so it was nice to see/hear him again. He has been very busy with training and testing and studying, etc. He had today off which gave him a chance to do some studying. He has been flying at night and says he is still rusty at that and needs more practice. He is back to work tomorrow. We went to the gym, where I had a great workout. Zane is getting better and better about me leaving him in the playroom. I think he is enjoying himself. I can finally say I have lost my first 5 pounds in my newest venture to lose weight. It took me about 3 1/2 weeks to do this by working out, drinking a gallon of water most days and eating healthier to include smaller portions. My goal is to lose another 9. Christine has already lost her first 5 and once Tracy loses hers we are headed to Austin for a night out to celebrate. We went straight to Zane's GymKix after my workout. It was possibly the best session we have had to date. Zane was in a great mood. He interacted well with the other children and even played around with a couple of adults which is rare for him. He is usually apprehensive around strangers if I am in the room. I actually got to relax for most of the class rather than chase after him and keep him out of trouble. Hopefully it is a sign of the times to come. I had a dentist appointment this afternoon. After visiting with Tracy and the girls we went to McAlister's Deli for dinner. Then I went to Target and on the way home, Zane fell asleep. I carried him into his bed without him waking up. He didn't get a nap today and he falls asleep in the car so easily when he is that tired. Tonight I will be downloading CD's onto the computer for my Ipod. I accidentally erased all 4600 songs I had on the Ipod Friday morning. I am so mad at myself. Unfortunately, Abe has our music library with him in Iraq on his laptop. So I am starting all over. I won't end up with 4600 songs from our collection (that was a compilation of music Abe had collected from friends before he left), but I can get more from Abe when he comes home on mid-tour leave.

1 comment:

ChristyR said...

Cute!! Congrats on the first five. I'm hoping all these classes will help me lose another five-we'll see! See ya at the gym tomorrow-maybe even for spin?