For those of you who tried to comment about my post regarding the dog bite, there was some sort of problem when I wrote that entry and I guess it wouldn't allow comments. While I was trying something to fix the problem it got completely erased. Here is a pic of my leg today (2 days after the bite). For those of you that don't know what I am talking about, let me make a long story short. I took Mackie to Petsmart on Friday to be groomed and got bit by a Great Dane in the process. He was trying to attack Mackie and my leg got in the way. He had no history of vaccinations. I went to the ER for a tetanus shot and the dog went into quarantine with animal control. The owners were nice about it all and paid me for the pants I was wearing since they had a hole ripped in them. My leg really doesn't feel too bad and the bruise makes it look much worse than it is.
Saturday, Zane and I went to Tropical Bounce in Copperas Cove for a birthday party. The birthday boy was a 2 year old from Zane's gym class. It was a lot of fun. It is basically an indoor playground consisting of big bounce thingys (for lack of a better word). Zane jumped right in and hardly paid me any attention. He could pretty much do everything on his own. After about an hour of jumping, they handed out popcorn, juice and cut the cake. Zane ate a little bit of cake and then wanted to go bounce some more. He didn't want to accept that the bouncing was all done. So we had to slip out (noisily thanks to Zane's tantrum) while Sheldon was opening his gifts. We didn't even have a chance to say goodbye to anyone. It was one of those "I'm arching my back so you might drop me, but at least I'm free" tantrums. They don't happen often, but they are not pretty when they do. Abe, think back to the bus ride on post last summer. Fun, right?
Today, Tracy and I took the kids to Austin. We had lunch at Marie Callendar's. It was so yummy. They are known for their bakery items (pie, cheesecake, muffins, etc.), but the food was delicious too. I had a quiche and salad sampler with lemon meringue pie for dessert. It was all enough for two people to share. Zane had the brunch buffet for free. Then we headed to a children's museum where the kids got to take part in all kinds of hands-on activities. Zane's favorite exhibit had to be the train. He would run from room to room to watch it go by on the track. It would be a good place to go to again while Abe is home on mid-tour leave. Zane didn't want to leave. He was tired, though, and slept for an hour on the way home. I'm exhausted from such an action packed weekend. Not to mention, my parents were in town last night. We played several games before I went to bed. Then I cooked them breakfast this morning and they were headed back home by 10am. It was the shortest visit ever, but we made the most of it. My mom wanted to come down one more time before she has surgery next week. She is having a hysterectomy on Thursday so please, keep her in your thoughts. It is actually on her 60th birthday. I can think of lots of better ways to spend a birthday. But happy birthday anyways, Mom.
Be sure to view more pictures of our weekend in the "photo collection" link at right.

1 comment:
Sounds like lots of fun!! I like relaxing weekends but it's nice when they are jam packed full of fun too! I can't believe you got bit by a dog....a great Dane no less. I'm glad you weren't injured worse! Crazy.
Post a Comment