Feb 8, 2006

Has spring sprung?

I don't know, but it is definitely springing around here. I just noticed today that the tree outside Zane's window has new leaves on it already. It is a Fantex Ash. I was surprised by it when I went to open Zane's window. But the weather has been mild this winter so maybe spring is arriving early. Does this mean I have to start watering the lawn already? I was hoping to put off the mowing as long as possible. I guess Mother Nature may have a different plan.

After we got home from the gym today, Zane and I cleaned the Durango inside and out. This was not an easy task with a 2 year old helper. He dumped the bucket of water out, twice. And you can only move so fast while trying to keep a little one entertained and out of trouble at the same time. But we got the job done. I only skipped a couple of things, but they really didn't need to be done this time. You can see more pictures of our chore in the photo collection at right. I had set up a table in the garage with puzzles on it, but that didn't keep him occupied for long. I also gave him a package of goldfish crackers. He ate a few, fed a few to Mackie and let the rest go swimming in the bucket of water. All in all, I think he enjoyed helping Mommy.

Here are a few odds and ends I wanted to mention:

For anybody looking for a good CD of dance music or in my case workout music, I highly recommend Madonna's newest, Confessions on a Dance Floor. It keeps me going on the treadmill.

I watched March of the Penguins last week and have to say it was really good. I already warned Abe not to watch it over in Iraq because it is all about parenthood and will only make him ache for Zane.

I thought it was cute today, as Zane and I passed a McDonald's he said "fries and chicken" in his cute little way a few times in a row. He always eats their chicken McNugget happy meal when we stop there.

I accidentally stumbled upon the apple+cheddar cheese combo today that I have wondered about for the last 14 years. When I worked at Tippins, people would order their apple pie with a slice of cheese melted on top. I had never heard of this before then. I couldn't even imagine that it would taste good. But today as I was eating my lunch of triscuits with cheddar cheese slices and half an apple, I discovered the slightest hint of something very yummy. I will have to give it a try the next time I have a piece of apple pie. Does anyone else like their pie this way??

And lastly, I just wanted to remind everyone (excluding Tracy, Christine and Abe) to leave comments once in a while. That's the only way I know if people are actually reading this thing. It is real easy, so don't be intimidated. Just click on the comments link below the entry and fill in the form. You shouldn't have to register. Under identity I think it will give you 3 options "blogger", "other" or "anonymous". Just select other and you just enter your name and comment. I would certainly welcome anything you have to say.

1 comment:

ChristyR said...

Spring definitely seems like it's here. I was spring cleaning yesterday with the windows open and it was very nice! Hope the kickboxing went well today-was bummed no spin class!