Feb 9, 2006

Photo Album



This is the paper bag photo album that I made at Christine's a few weeks ago. I sent it to Abe in his Valentine's package, which he received today. I didn't want to post pics of it earlier because it would ruin the surprise. He really loves it. I really enjoyed making it for him. After all was said and done, though, I wanted to keep it for myself. That's alright, it will be "ours" when he gets home. The album is literally made out of paper lunch sacks. The open ends of the bags are used as pockets for extra pictures or notecards. On the white card you see peeking out, I wrote random words and phrases that are related to parenting and/or specific to Zane. I plan to make more of these in the future. Thanks for the great idea, Christine.
My Mom's hysterectomy went well today. I talked to my Dad a couple of times and even my Mom once. She sounded rough but said her mouth was dry. She was coherent. The doctor said everything went well and they didn't see any problems during the procedure. She should be released sometime this weekend. They will try to let her out of bed sometime tomorrow. Here's to a speedy recovery.
Our day was pretty ordinary. I went to the gym this morning for what turned out to be an awful turbo kickboxing class. We had a substitute instructor and I like the regular one much better. I don't feel like I got any workout from the class today. She was sweet but very slow and low intensity. I did some more cardio on my own after the class and did 200 crunches instead of my usual 150 to try and balance out the class. Zane is definitely happy in the playroom these days. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up a fight soon, when I come in to pick him up. He took a nap today after several days of skipping them. That was a nice break for me. This evening we met Tracy and the girls at the food court on post and let the kids play in the indoor playground for a bit. And of course, I already watched Survivor tonight. It was good, but next weeks' episode looks like it might have some drama. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Rinny said...

Okay Beth, you win. I read the posts, but haven't posted. So here you go. I love reading the posts from Abe. That way we know that he is alright, and I love that he calls you Boogie. :) I just get sweetheart, how unoriginal. I want to get a monthly girls night together, to include card making, baking, pottery painting, etc. Interested?
Keep the posts coming!!!! I will post more often too. Promise