Jan 17, 2006

Memory Lane


The following are excerpts from the journal I kept when Abe and I first met. I only wrote for the first 3 months of our relationship, but it provides a lot of details that I certainly don't remember anymore. It seems as though I come across the journal every couple of years and each time I do it is like taking a walk down memory lane...
"We met on Sunday, June 12, [1994] at Lurko and Trish's apartment who happen to be mutual friends of ours and without them Abe and I will probably have never met. All of Abraham's friends call him Abe, however, I have pretty much settled on calling him Abey. The night we met, Abe talked of a recent camping trip he had taken with his friends. After going to the movie store, Lurko, Trish, Jed, Abey and myself sat down to watch Dreams. This is a foreign film that Abey picked out and it was rather strange, yet not bad. After the movie Lurko, Jed, Abey and I played a game of monopoly in which Lurko won. Then due to hunger, Jed, Abey and I went in my car to IHOP to eat.....The following Tuesday night which would be the 14th, I received a phone call over at John, Jed and Justin's from Lurko telling me I needed to report to his apartment at once. I knew exactly what was going on and must say I was quite flattered. Abey had just gotten there from work and just as Lurko put it on the phone 'it would be in my best interest to go over there ASAP'. So naturally I did and I'm so glad I responded the way I did because it gave Abey and I a chance to talk to one another. He was being very open and to the point that night which I liked right away.....[I wrote the following in regards to June 18th] My neck was incredibly stiff from being sick that day and I had Trish drive me to the Dr. in Carrollton. Well, when we were done there we went to The Colony and met up with Lurko who was helping his father move. Well, Lurko drove Trish and I back to Denton in my car. Apparently Abey saw us but didn't recognize Lurko as the driver. I saw Abey later that night and he confessed to being extremely jealous and bummed out the rest of the day. He said the only guys that drive girls cars are their boyfriends or fathers. And he jumped to conclusions, but he was quite relieved to hear it was only Lurko. I thought this was really cute of Abey. I know I would react the same way, but only because I cared about that person a whole lot. So the way I take that whole incident is that Abey cares about me. Well, I saw Abey the next night for the last time for a few days. He left Monday to go camping with his father, aunt and cousins until Wednesday."
The photo you see above is possibly the earliest one I have of Abe and I together. I am pretty sure it was taken by my friend, Heather. And I know it was taken at the apartment she and I shared with Jenny, in Denton, TX. You will have to excuse the quality...it is a picture of a picture.

1 comment:

ChristyR said...

Whoah! Abe..dude..your hair! It was what the 80's or early 90's?? You guys sure have changed..cute picture.