Jan 12, 2006

Two Months Down!!


It has been exactly 2 months since Abe left. The time has gone by quickly so far. I hope it keeps going at this pace. I know the holidays helped keep us busy, which makes the time go faster. If anyone has any ideas of new and different things for us to do to keep us busy, let me know. Tracy was telling me about a museum in Austin that has hands-on exhibits for little kids. We will have to check that out. I'm sure Zane would love it. I imagine we could find more sight-seeing things to do, if I would just take the time to look.

We spent some time playing outside. The weather was just beautiful today. Normally I would be complaining that it was too hot, but there was a good breeze which made it perfect. I still can't get over the weather this winter. I wonder what's in store for next summer?!?! I took a few pics which you will find in the photo collection at right. The outfit Zane has on in the pictures is his second of the day. He likes to play in the bathtub in my bathroom whenever I am doing something in that general vicinity. He had some toys (and by toys I mean some actual toys and various things he finds in the bathroom drawers) in there with him, which is what he was playing with when I left. I had to leave the room for a minute and while I was gone he decided to try filling my toothbrush holder with water. The fact that his sweatpants were completely wet didn't seem to bother him. But like I said, it was quite warm today and by that time of day shorts were probably a better clothing choice.

I spoke to Abe on MSN instant messenger this afternoon. He did not fly today according to planned, due to maintenance issues. He is not sure when he will fly again, but it shouldn't be too long. He was very tired after only getting 3 hours of sleep last night (he stayed up late and woke up early to study). But it was too early to go to bed so he went to see Transformer 2 at the theater they have set up over there. He said he may have gotten into the action scenes a little more had he not fallen asleep during the movie. Needless to say he was going to take a shower and get to bed as soon as we were done talking.

Well I'm off to give Zane a bath and get him ready for bed. Then I plan to sit down and watch a movie.

1 comment:

ChristyR said...

Cute pics! Have fun with your sisters this weekend!