Feb 21, 2006

My Weakness

Okay, I admit I have a problem. I buy a lot of little boy pj's. Not because Zane really needs them but because they are too damn cute!! I think he has something like 14 sets that fit him right now. Even I realize that is overkill. But some will be outgrown soon and the rest are new so hopefully they will fit him for a while, yet. This is a new set he is wearing for the first time. They have T-Rex's all over them. They are a 2-piece footed set that snap at the wasteband. He has never had that style before but I remember my siblings and I wearing that style a lot growing up. Too cute!!
I just think he looks so adorable, but I realize I am his mother, so my perception may be clouded. This last picture I was actually able to get him to stand still. I said to him "smile and say cheese". And he actually stood there long enough for me to snap a couple of pictures and he was saying "cheese" in his cute little way.
Zane and I saw Abe on the computer and spoke to him for a little bit after dinner. He has progressed in his training and is now what they call RL2. Basically what this means now, is that he will be flying on missions (rather than in their own training air space at Taji) and working under an instructor pilot. He is still considered in training but will be taking more of a "hands-on" approach. Correct me if I'm wrong, Abe. He will be flying at night since that is when they conduct their missions. If history is any indicator he could be very busy for a while now. It is feasible that he will be flying daily and expected to know a lot more information. Things will be very stressful for him during all of this. But I know how much he wants to fly and I am glad that he will finally be getting in some major hours. Abe, just try to take it one day at a time. I love you!!

3 comments:

ChristyR said...

Those are very cute PJ's. My son only wears boxers. One day he'll be like his dad and wear nothing. So will you do some type of sewing thing when he outgrows them? Now that I'm buying a sewing machine I'm going to make a T-shirt quilt for Shane out of all of his diver shirts. That's good news for Abe. Shane saw him yesterday or something on his way out. Shane worked the other day for 36 hours straight. I think once they are progressed they work them to the bone. Poor guys.

Jenna said...

Congrats on the RL2 Abe and good luck with the increased flying. I'm sure it's a lot of pressure but I know you'll impress them and do really well! I'm also glad you're doing what you enjoy. Just be careful. For your family and friends back home.

Anonymous said...

I love your canvas, you did an amazing job! That would actually go perfect in Sheldon's new room, can I just have yours? :) It was so neat to get to know more about you and your cute family. I know you miss Abe so very much, he will be home before you know it.