Feb 19, 2006

And the curtains were hung by the window with care.

This is my little "helper" and I use the term helper loosely. If you look really closely you will notice that Zane is pulling the thread out of the machine. And if he had his way I would have finished the curtains with a zig zag stitch rather than the straight stitch I had been using. Good thing I noticed before I had extra work on my hands. Anyways, I managed to finish sewing them this morning. I also installed the curtain rod and holdbacks. Let me just say that I LOVE DRYWALL ANCHORS!! They made the job so easy. I'm going to use them every chance I get. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. Isn't it great to learn about new things that make your life easier? I'm pleased with the finished product, but right now it looks like we are going with a "Dallas Cowboys" theme. That is not my intent at all. I plan to do Zane's room in a western Cowboy theme. I will be working on that little by little.
I just got off the phone with Abe. He is finishing up an overnight duty and sounding pretty tired. He plans to go eat breakfast when he is done and then go to bed. He suspects that he won't be flying tomorrow. He was able to just touch on a couple of stories that he has concocted while in Iraq. Something about practicing safe sex if having relations with Zombies. And the other story involves research he has done on the Snuggle Bear (fabric softener) and that their diet consists of towels. Now either the sand is getting to him or this overnight shift is. Either way I am trying to encourage him to start writing his own blog. He can put these stories of his in print, as well as, keep us informed of what he is up to over there. Come on, Boogie, it's not as time consuming as you might think. Hook us up.

3 comments:

ChristyR said...

Too cool! I am going shopping tomorrow for a cheap but good sewing machine...not to sew with but to scrapbook with. Any advice for me? A friend of mine did her son's room in a western theme and it was awesome. She even had rope like lasso rope around the top of his room as a border. It was cool. Hope to see ya at the gym tomorrow. I'll be lunging my way across the gym.

Team Manager said...

HA!! Interesting comment coming from you, Tracy. My post is only one day old, don't hate.

Anonymous said...

I think this is beautiful:

"REFLECTIONS

"Please bring strange things.
Please come bringing new
things.
Let very old things come into
your hands.
Let what you do not know come
into your eyes.
Let desert sand harden your
feet.
Let the arch of your feet be
hardened in the mountians.
Let the paths of your fingertips
be your maps.
May yur soul be at home where
there are no houses.
Walk carefully, well loved one,
walk mindfully, well loved
one, walk fearlessly , well
loved one.
Return with us, return to us,
be always coming home. "

Author- Ursula K. Le Guin..

I love the whole " Team Jaxquot --all three, from A to Z. Granny