
Zane and I had a dinosaur excursion this morning. It started with a trip to the Killeen Library Book Sale. We bought 11 books to add to Zane's collection. With our purchase we received a free pass to the Dinosaur Exhibit that is in town for the weekend. And Zane was already free, so who can pass up a deal like that? We arrived at the civic center for what truly was a small exhibit at best. They did have experts there discussing things about each exhibit but the line for that was moving very slowly and it wouldn't have kept Zane's attention. So he dug for dinosaur eggs. They had two kiddie pools filled with bird seed and the kiddos could just use their hands to dig down for the eggs. At first Zane was only interested in burying the eggs that other kids had already found. In one of the pictures you might notice that he is eye-balling the stash of the kid next to him. Nobody seemed to mind, too much. Eventually he dug for some on his own. Each kid was able to take one home. We hatched a baby Stegosaurus. That was about the extent of our visit to the exhibit. It was brief.
Then we headed to Temple to do a little more shopping. I finally found a pair of sneakers after looking at several other places. And Foot Action was kind enough to give me a 20% military discount. Woo hoo!! I also stocked up on some supplies at Hancock Fabrics for a photo album I intend to make in the near future. And they were kind enough to give me everything at 50% even though it was marked only 30% off. Another woo hoo!! I love me a bargain. Anyways, this idea I have is to make a guest photo album. It will basically be your traditional guest book with a photo album/scrapbook spin on it. So beware, all future guests, you will be required to have your photo taken and possibly write a little bit about your visit to the Jacquot house. I think it will be cute and give us an easy way to look back on our memories in Texas, since our next destination may be more difficult for having visitors on any kind of regular basis. Hopefully we will stay here for a while, though.

4 comments:
You must have been there at the right time. It was so crowded when we went. I can't believe the lack of other people in your picture-wouldn't have been able to do that when we were there. I do have a question. Boogie-is it short for boogers? Or are you his private dancer?
Haha Christine. Your boogie comment made me laugh.
My girlfriend Miina's Mom, also a member of our California book club, kept a guest book in her home. It wasn't for pictures, just for people to sign or write a nice note when they visited. What was most fun was to read what other people had written, especially from parties and big events. You could see that it became a challenge of visitors to top the story or comments from the previous guest. I think it's a great idea.
I love scrapbook supplies. It's one of those secret pleasures that I indulge (buying the supplies that is). I have boxes of photos and tons of scrapbooks supplies, cards I collect to use in my future scrapbooks and, drumroll please, not a single one scrapbook completed. I always start them and then tear them apart months later because I don't like the idea or theme anymore. I know, I know, it's pitiful. :o)
Here is a fun tip if you like this kind of thing: Cut out the pictures on cards you receive (unless you're saving them for their meaningful message inside) and use them for decorating gifts. They look cool and creative and don't need a bow (this especially saves the crushed bow look when transporting or mailing gifts.)
Christine, boogie is short for boogers, but if you ever have the misfortune of seeing me dance you will know it IS a private thing.
Jenna, thanks for the info and idea. I imagine one day you will put those scrapbooking supplies to good use. Especially once you have all those wedding photos and want a nice way to preserve them.
I still feel left out of the story. Did you have booger on your first date or walking down the aisle? You don't have to share. Have a great night!
Post a Comment