Feb 12, 2006

Pictures of Abe


Here are some pictures of Abe taken in Iraq (there are a couple from Kuwait). One of his buddies took the time to email them to me. It is good to see him and his surroundings once in a while to remind me of what he is going through. He is my hero. And I can't wait to have him home safe and sound. We hit the 3 month mark today. Honestly, it feels like much longer. I hope time starts picking up soon. Maybe we have been keeping too busy...it seems like for all the things Zane and I have been doing, that more time should have passed. Does that make sense?? You can see more pictures in the "photo collection", at right.
Zane and I had a nice Sunday. I went to the gym this morning and had a great workout. After that we ran a couple of errands. We both had naps after lunch (that is not a guarantee these days). I don't remember the last time I had a decent nap. It was nice. We met Tracy and her girls for dinner at Tia's. I ate way too much, but it was good. Then we played at their house for a little bit. Zane is in bed now and I plan to watch a little TV and try to work on the curtains I am making for his room. They are long overdue. I just bought different fabric for them. I didn't like the original fabric I purchased for them and I think that is why I never completed them. I am much happier with what I found recently and hope to have them done this week. I hope everyone had a nice weekend.

2 comments:

ChristyR said...

Nice photos! Glad you are able to see him and some of his environment. Shane will be receiving his cable to download photos soon and I know he will be in the picture show on Wednesday so I'm excited. Not sure what to say about your new slippers...I have some crazy socks I like so I guess yours are okay.

Anonymous said...

From Granny,
You CAN teach an old dog new tricks, Beth. Hope I am doing this right. I read every blog that you write. Love the pictures of you and Zane. ABSOLUTELY delighted to see pictures of Abe!!Thanks so much for sharing. It means so much to me. Every prayer , every night, begins with " God keep Abe safe and bring him back to us soon and bless him and all those who serve us over seas." And then, bless our Beth and Zane. Our 1 st cold since Dec. and it was Br-r-r!! All is well here and we miss you and love you.