Feb 25, 2006

That boy can play!!



I am referring to Eric Tessmer of the Eric Tessmer Band. Naomi, Gwen and I went to 6th Street down in Austin last night for a good 'ole time. The highlight of the evening was being able to watch the Eric Tessmer Band perform. I just can't say enough about how talented I think Eric is on the guitar. He wows me and I'm not alone. I saw plenty of other spectators sitting there with their jaws wide open. Just when you think he can't wail any longer and is in need for a break, he busts into a 20+ minute solo. He just doesn't quit. It was awesome. And for those of you who have only had the pleasure of hearing their music on CD, it doesn't do them justice. Their live performances are where it's at. Alright, enough about Eric...I don't want to give Abe a complex. As for other news on 6th St. last night...there was a huge Mardi Gras celebration going on. The street was blocked off and there were cops everywhere, on foot, bike and horseback. Watch out for that pile, Naomi!! Of course there was booze, boobs and bozos with their video cameras. Come on, now. Video taping girls flashing their boobs...that seems so desperate. Fortunately I only saw one such flashing and it wasn't that impressive, but hey, she earned her beads. We left the festivities around midnight, beadless, sober and with our dignities still in check. I had an awesome time, ladies. I look forward to doing it again. Support Live Blues.

7 comments:

ChristyR said...

Beth! You didn't get any beads...surely this can't be! Guess it would have been hard for me to give you some via webcam. I listened to that Eric play some and I guess I will take your word for it that it doesn't do it justice. Glad you had a great time. That is a great picture of you-lookin' hot. I think I'm too old for 6th Street.

Team Manager said...

Too old for 6th Street, at your ripe "old age" of 34!?! Tell that to the 50+ crowd we saw enjoying themselves last night. There is something for everyone in downtown Austin. Besides, at what point are we too old to enjoy good food and live music? Does this sound like a commericial for "Promote Austin", yet?? :)

ChristyR said...

I can't believe there was no comment about the boob shot-was so expecting a reaction-damn. I'm gonna be 40 soon...I would just em-bare-ass you if I showed up downtown...get some James Blunt in town and I would go.

Rinny said...

Hello Ladies! I am so glad y'all had a great time. And, I am so bummed that I missed it. Stupid parents coming into town. Actually it was good to see them too.
Next time, count me in!!!!!
Sooner rather than later!
Okay?

Jenna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ChristyR said...

Maybe my 35 will be my new 21?

Jenna said...

That sounds like fun!! I miss downtown Austin and love the blues. That is a great pic of you Beth. :o)

34 is sooo not 40 Christine! Plus I have great 40-year old friends that party harder than me.