Feb 24, 2006

Thursday Night Fun!


Yesterday afternoon, we headed to Austin with Tracy and her girls. First stop, Babies R Us. I wanted to check their selection of step stools and potty seats. Honestly they didn't have much more to offer than Target or Walmart. But I went ahead a purchased a stool and a Dora potty seat. (Zane loves Dora and the other option was Winnie the Pooh) It is not a chair but a toilet seat that will fit on the full size toilet seat. I don't know what will work best with Zane yet, but I figure if he can get used to sitting on the big toilet then we might be able to skip the transition from a little potty chair to the big toilet. I'm not sure when we will begin the potty training adventure, but I am prepared now, should he start showing an interest. Then we ate dinner at Marie Callendar's. I really enjoy that place. I had lemon meringue pie for dessert again. Love it! And I bought a whole cherry pie to bring home. From there we went to Carter's so Tracy could find some clothes for her girls. I bought a wooden toy for Zane. And then off to the mall. I had to make an exchange. The kids played for a good while at the inflatable wonderland. There are a few more pics of Zane in the photo collection. On Tuesdays and Thursdays they offer half-price...$5 for unlimited bounce all day. It is a great place with lots of different inflatable apparatus. The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I wish it was closer to home. Tracy did a little more shopping before we left for home. I brought pajamas along for Zane and changed him before starting out for home. With no nap, bouncing for over an hour and an hour+ drive home after dark, I knew he would fall asleep in the car. And he did within 10 minutes. I just laid him in bed when we got home and he slept 'til this morning without any trouble. Thanks for driving, Tracy. We had a great time!! Now I am off to get my legs waxed, ouch!! But it is so worth the weeks ahead without having to shave. I've only done it once before and that was when I was pregnant with Zane. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Owwww. The whole leg? See now, I've done the bikini area (also painful) and the eyebrows but just the sheer area amount of a whole leg...yikes, I'm tearing at the thought.

My girlfriend here uses that epilady (torture device) for hair removal, even under her arms. Only, it tickles so badly, she makes her husband hold her down and do her armpits. The thought of this cracks me up.

You know how some memories as a child just stick in your head and you forget about them until they resurface at strange moments? I have two memories of being potty trained. One was that my mother used the sticker approach and I got to collect stickers when I went potty correctly. The second, one I'll never forget, is that my grandparents came to visit and (I later heard my grandmother said something like, stickers, geez is that child spoiled, I'll teach her to go potty) she made me sit on the toilet for hooouuurrs until I went to the bathroom for a whole weekend and she was really mean about it. I wasn't allowed to get up. I'll never forget that to this day. I prefer the mom approach to the grandma approach.

ChristyR said...

Glad you had such a great day!! Pie is always good.

Team Manager said...

Well, Jenna, it was from the knee down but that still makes for a lot of ripping hair out. I never thought that an epilady would tickle. I don't think I have the nerve to try it. That potty training incident with your grandmother sounds horrifying. I plan to keep it as lighthearted as I can with Zane. I'm pretty much going to wait until he is ready.

Tracy, I'm all about trying a new place. You get to pick next time. And no, I haven't eaten that whole pie, thank you very much. But it is delicious. And yes, my legs are looking better, not so bumpy now.