
You are looking at a back brace that I had to wear once upon a time. My mother has had it in her attic all these years and gave it to me. I plan to throw it away but wanted to share pictures of it with Abe before I do so. This first picture is the front view; the bottom resting right at my pelvis and the top hitting right under my chest. The second picture is a back view. I wore this for approximately 2 years of my adolescence. I know I still wore it when I started high school, but I don't think that lasted very long. I have scoliosis and this brace was supposed to prevent it from getting any worse as I was still growing. To correct my spinal curvature would require surgery, which wasn't really considered because it really isn't that bad.

I was supposed to wear this brace 23 hours a day. I could only remove it for showering. It definitely took some getting used to. And of course, I didn't always wear it as much as I should have. The biggest problem with it was that I could not put it on myself. My mother always had to strap it up for me. That required me laying on the floor on my side so that she could tighten the straps appropriately. It wasn't easy to get off either, but I think I eventually mastered that myself. Everybody claimed that you couldn't even tell I was wearing a brace. But of course, as a teenager I felt self-conscious about it. But it hasn't left any long term emotional scars. And if I'm remembering correctly, it worked!! I guess after 2 years, that's the news you want to hear.
6 comments:
Beth...I, for one, am thankful that you had to wear this brace for two years. If not then you might not have twisted your body so nicely yesterday...although one time I did have to give you a spanking! I am looking forward to our adventure next week, I'm sure it will be just as fun as yesterday. Licking the salt and sucking the limes-yum.(for Abe)
I can never elicit a response out of Beth or Abe....after all my attempts I fail. bummer. I like shocking people and I think I say things that might shock some and I get nothing. I give.
Christine, I don't know about shocked but your comment did make me laugh, as did Abe's responses to it. Especially his last one. I was going to have to remind you, Christine, that if you get any more R-rated I will be forced to censor you!! :) Just kidding, keep on shockin'!
Ahh I feel relieved. I thought maybe no one read my comments and I was sitting here with a shit eating grin all by myself. Thanks.
Maybe you should turn the comments page into a discussion board!
could you post a photo of you wearing it?i love girl that wear back brace
Post a Comment