Mar 16, 2006

Business As Usual

I don't like to go so long between posts. There really isn't much to report here. Just thought I would catch everyone up with our week here in good 'ole Killeen. Monday, Zane was under the weather, so we didn't leave the house all day. Tuesday we made a trip into Temple with Tracy and her girls. Just a little shopping excursion. Then we played at the park because the Inflatable Wonderland was just too busy for our little ones. It is Spring Break here this week and it was full of kids. But the park worked just as well and it's free!! I went to step aerobics on Tuesday evening and again on Wednesday morning. Still not burnt out on that. I absolutely love it. Wednesday was nothing special. Just took care of some things around the house and made a trip to Walmart.

Today, I went to the gym. After my cardio I sat in the steam room for about 10 minutes. I know this may sound weird but I love to sweat. You can ask my friend, Tracy, that doesn't come easily for me. She is always giving me a hard time at the gym about not breaking a sweat. I didn't even break a sweat popping out a 9 lb, 14 oz baby!! Now this steam room is a different story. Practically from the minute I walk in, I am dripping with sweat. I love it. It feels so cleansing. It really relaxes the muscles, too. Great after a good workout. This evening I cooked beef stroganoff for Tracy. It is her 29th birthday. Happy birthday, Girl!! We also had a yummy chocolate cake for dessert. And as with any get together, the kids got to play for a bit.

Abe is doing well. He will be flying tomorrow and should finish up the remaining training he has on his RL2, which would make him RL1. That means he will be fully mission capable. So instead of hauling strictly cargo, like he is now, he will be authorized to transport people. Good luck, honey!
There are additional photos in the collection at right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of Zane. He looks very grown up in it!! In fact, he looks older in that picture, to me, than he is.

I only have Basic Cable and the news has little on the " Operation Swarm". I know so little about what Abe is actually doing, even if he told me, I'd probably not really know. So he is now checked out to transport people? Not just equipment? His birthday being tomorrow...ya know.....I'd just rather he'd come on home now!! Sometimes " Enough is too much" We need you here, Abe.

Like I said before, Abe, just tell your Commanding Officer that your Granny said that you have to come home now. Or do I have to come over there and hit him with my umbrella to get that done?

Hang in there Beth and Zane and I Love you,all, Granny

ChristyR said...

I was wondering if you were a non-sweater....during one of the spin classes you didn't sweat at all. Glad you found something that gets it done until Abe comes home. Have a good weekend.