Four months as of today!! It still doesn't sound like very long to me. Maybe once we hit the halfway point, it will feel a lot better. There are so many things I miss about Abe. I miss cooking for him. I miss doing his laundry. I miss hearing him play with Zane while I cook. I miss watching TV/movies with him. I miss riding in the car with him. I miss buying him food for his sack lunches. I miss giving Zane his bath, together, even though it only takes one of us. I miss throwing ideas (usually involving spending money) at him before we even get out of bed in the morning, so that in his foggy state of mind, he agrees. I miss how he entertains people in social engagements, which means I don't have to. I miss how he tries to beat me to the best seat at the table when we go out to eat. I miss how he laughs with me when I have a brain fart. I miss trying to catch him having a brain fart (it's rare, with him). I miss getting together with friends to play board games and having an automatic teammate. I miss his levelheadedness during one of my irrational moments. I miss his compassion. I miss how we can finish each other's sentences. I miss his useless trivia. I miss his sense of humor. I miss his selflessness. I miss his brown eyes. I miss his arms around me. I miss the smell of coffee on the weekends, even though I don't drink it. I miss hearing him come through the door after work.
This is the planter I mentioned yesterday. It still had some life to it, but was in pretty rough shape. I kept the dill (far left) and replaced all the other plants with what you see below.
After doing that yesterday, I woke up this morning wanting to do more. I may not know what I am doing and to an experienced gardener that may look like a mess, but I went to Walmart and bought another planter and some more plants. While Zane was taking his nap today, I planted the pot you see below. I also bought and spread some more Cypress Mulch around the base of our trees. Sometime this week I need to spread Weed and Feed around the yard. I bought two bags of it today. We did it last spring and it really kept the weeds under control for the rest of the year. I hope it works again for us. I've only noticed a few weeds so far, so hopefully it is still early enough.
Zane and I spent over an hour at the park this morning. Zane had the entire playground to himself for about half an hour. Then a father showed up with his daughter, probably about 4 years old and son, less than a year. The girl was cute but bossy. I know a lot of little girls are that way. She kept telling Zane what to do. And most of the time he just looked at her like she was crazy or ignored her all together. I guess they were both preparing for their roles later in life. I could tell she wasn't really a brat. She was just excited and wanted to play, on her terms. It was a lot of fun and the weather was beautiful. He loves going there. If we pass by that park on our way to something else, he gets upset. Tonight we plan on watching Ice Age. I'm not sure if I have seen the entire movie or not. And I know Zane hasn't. If he seems interested, maybe I will be able to take him to see the second one when it comes out. But I'm still not sure he (or I, for that matter) is ready for that.
This is the planter I mentioned yesterday. It still had some life to it, but was in pretty rough shape. I kept the dill (far left) and replaced all the other plants with what you see below.
After doing that yesterday, I woke up this morning wanting to do more. I may not know what I am doing and to an experienced gardener that may look like a mess, but I went to Walmart and bought another planter and some more plants. While Zane was taking his nap today, I planted the pot you see below. I also bought and spread some more Cypress Mulch around the base of our trees. Sometime this week I need to spread Weed and Feed around the yard. I bought two bags of it today. We did it last spring and it really kept the weeds under control for the rest of the year. I hope it works again for us. I've only noticed a few weeds so far, so hopefully it is still early enough.
Zane and I spent over an hour at the park this morning. Zane had the entire playground to himself for about half an hour. Then a father showed up with his daughter, probably about 4 years old and son, less than a year. The girl was cute but bossy. I know a lot of little girls are that way. She kept telling Zane what to do. And most of the time he just looked at her like she was crazy or ignored her all together. I guess they were both preparing for their roles later in life. I could tell she wasn't really a brat. She was just excited and wanted to play, on her terms. It was a lot of fun and the weather was beautiful. He loves going there. If we pass by that park on our way to something else, he gets upset. Tonight we plan on watching Ice Age. I'm not sure if I have seen the entire movie or not. And I know Zane hasn't. If he seems interested, maybe I will be able to take him to see the second one when it comes out. But I'm still not sure he (or I, for that matter) is ready for that.

2 comments:
I haven't known you long but you seem to have a very loving relationship and I understand all about the missing stuff, I'm in the same boat-but I don't miss Shane's a@@...sorry but it stinks. You've done well with the first four and I'm sure the final months will keep moving for you.
Zane wasn't too interested in Ice Age. But it usually takes a few times before he really gets into a new movie. I wasn't sure if I had seen the entire thing before, but I had. I think it's pretty good.
Post a Comment