Mar 29, 2006

Closets of Team Jacquot....ORGANIZE!!!


I have created a new challenge for myself. Getting the closets in this house organized. It's more about getting rid of stuff than it is organization really. I am setting a goal of one closet per week. And I am starting with my own. You are looking at the before shot and I will post the after shot sometime between now and next Wednesday. I know one closet per week may sound too easy, but it won't be easy for all of them. Specifically our office closet, albeit small, it still has boxes that we haven't unpacked. And if I can do more than one a week, I will. But the thing I've learned about making goals is that you have to keep them realistic. You don't want to set yourself up for failure by setting them too high. My plan of attack is as follows. Set up one box in the garage for items with potential for Ebay auction and another box for items to be donated. And of course, the items to be trashed will go straight in the can. Is anyone else willing to join me in this challenge? I'm sure I'm not alone. I know together, we can do it. As for my motivation, it is simply to make room for other things. Namely my scrapbooking stuff. But on a grander scale I feel like we are turning into pack rats. I have learned from others that that is something I don't want to become. I believe if we can de-clutter our homes we de-clutter our lives. Now to my sisters, since I am starting with my closet you know what that means. You will have some clothes coming your way. But I encourage you to only take what you think you will wear:)

No comments: