
Tracy enlightened me last night about a photography term called catch lights. They are white highlights in the eye created by a reflection of a light source. You can achieve them from many different sources including water, snow, sun, etc. If you look at these pics of Zane taken at bathtime you can see a little bit of white reflection in his eyes. That was coming from the light above the sink directly across from him. I had never heard of catch lights before but I like them. They can really enhance a photograph. Keep the info coming, Tracy, I know I have a lot more to learn. These black and white photos were taken with my camera's b+w setting rather than converting them on the photo software. I haven't done a comparison yet to see if they come out better or not. I also had to fine tune some of the settings (brightness, contrast, highlights, shadows, etc.) on the software to get what you see here. It's fun to play with pics but I'm sure it will be more beneficial once I learn what the heck I'm doing.
On an entirely different subject, my mother-in-law and I recently had a conversation involving caffeine. More specifically, how do I get through my day without it? Considering I stay at home with a headstrong 2 year old, I don't really have much choice in the matter. It's not like I can just lay in bed all day. It's not that I have anything against caffeine, I just don't like how foods and drinks containing caffeine taste. It's coincidence, really. Those of you that know me well, know that I am a morning person. I'm one of those people that can just pop out of bed and automatically be in go mode. Even when I was working outside the home I rarely had to rely on an alarm clock to get me going. Unfortunately that means that once I wake up in the morning I have a hard time going back to sleep. Sleeping-in is nearly impossible for me. But back to the caffeine...I would have to say that music is my caffeine. It works for me like caffeine works for others. This morning, for example, I was listening to music while I cooked and ate breakfast and it just gave me an energy boost. Speaking of breakfast, I cracked open an egg for scrambled eggs and it had a double yolk. I'm not sure if that has happened to me before. It probably has, but I looked it up online and discovered that it occurs with approx. 1 out of 1000 eggs. Crazy, huh?


1 comment:
Double-yolk eggs are supposed to be
a sign of good luck! At least that's what my dad always said..when I was little I was the egg cooker in my house, I can make perfect fried eggs. I would often get the double-yolk and that's what he would say! Maybe you should buy a lotto ticket! Cute pics!
Post a Comment