Mar 24, 2006

Banner


This is being posted on a banner that our FRG will be putting together tomorrow. FRG stands for Family Readiness Group. It is basically a support/social group for the family members of Abe's unit. The banner is being shipped to the guys so they have something to hang in their workspace to boost their morale. Our leader just asked that we bring in photos and/or a message to our soldier. Of course, I had to do it scrapbook style. It would be a shame not to put all my new purchases to good use, right? I had fun doing it, but I really need more practice. I spend so much time thinking about what I want to do. I hope some day it won't be so time consuming. In my search for a quote, I came across a different one that I can relate to. Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his. - George S. Patton. I really like it, but thought it would be inappropriate for the project at hand.

2 comments:

ChristyR said...

Very nice! As for the taking some time to get started-that's normal! Sometimes it helps to put on what inspires you or what makes you feel most like you. I have a pair of orange ugly socks I love to wear when scrapbooking cos they make me feel creative. I also like a movie with lots of scenery. Lately it's been all about the 80's music. Chocolate helps too!

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture of you and Zane!